Management Consultant - Returners Programme
At Atkins we celebrate diversity and have created an environment in which our people, drawn from a range of backgrounds and expertise, are able to achieve high standards of integrity and ethics in the workplace. As part of this diversity, we are currently recruiting talented candidates through our Career Returners Scheme, aimed at those who have had a track record of delivery in management and business consultancy and now wish to either return to work after a career break or change career direction within consulting.
Atkins isn’t like other management consultancies, our client-centric approach helps us to help organisations achieve genuine benefits from their business programmes. We provide independent advice and practical support to senior levels on complex business challenges and then take a hands-on role to develop the transformation programmes and projects to fully implement the proposed solutions - and ensure that the intended benefits of the investment are realised. This role as a trusted advisor allows us to offer rewarding careers to people who want to enhance their skills and build on their experience.
Our clients come to us from both private and public sectors, including central government, defence, education, transportation, aviation and infrastructure. The diversity of opportunities available is matched by the scope and complexity of the projects that we are tasked with.
Our team provides the full spectrum of management and business consultancy services and deliver the innovative and creative approach that is the key to our success. This includes, strategy, operations, change and engagement, business modelling and analytics, business analysis, digital transformation, systems engineering, portfolio, programme and project management.
Our Management Consultant Returners Programme
As a ‘returner to work’, you will be seeking to rebuild your professional career from previous expertise and experiences. At Atkins, our employees’ careers matter to us and we recognise that each applicant will have unique needs and individual goals. We can draw on our well proven resources to help you to tailor your own personal development plan so that you can refocus your consulting career.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses that are designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talent, so rather than provide a conventionally structured, one-size-fits-all approach to relaunch your career, you will be given the opportunity to gain support from a coach, line manager, project or subject mentor, to participate in training courses in accordance with your agreed development plan and to build your expertise whilst working on management and business consulting projects within our client-embedded teams.
Our 20 week returners programme will help you to ease back into work in a safe and structured manner. This period will also provide an opportunity for you to realise the scope of opportunity within Atkins and confirm where you will best fit - so that towards the end of the programme you can have the opportunity to apply for a permanent role with us.
We would like to hear from candidates who already have experience in management and business consulting and who are wishing to return to work or to re-focus their careers.
We would like you to be able to demonstrate relevant experience in any one or more of these areas:-
• Strategy and transformation,
• Organisational development, performance improvement and benefit realisation,
• Culture change, engagement and change impact assessment,
• Operational research and analysis,
• Business analysis, options analysis, decision support and business case development,
• Data analysis and business modelling,
• Cost modelling and economic assessment, scenario and risk-benefit analysis,
• Digital transformation,
• Effective contribution to bid preparation and business development,
• Coaching, mentoring or training development.
The capabilities, techniques and characteristics we seek include:-
• a track record of effective liaison with clients and stakeholders, building of trusted and lasting relationships, advising clients at all levels in a business environment,
• strong communication skills, with the ability to write clear and compelling documents,
• analysis and problem-solving for technically complex or conceptually abstract ideas,
• effective and persuasive evidence-based presentation of complex solutions and concepts
• a proactive approach to work - able to work with a variety of people or progress independently.
• a passion for developing technically, professionally and behaviourally,
• a collaborative team-player who delivers impressive results and operates to high behavioural standards and business ethics,
• an ability to deal with competing tasks and operate successfully even when under pressure,
• a strong emotional intelligence and the ability to flex your style to suit different stakeholders.
We look forward to receiving your application to join our growing team.
We are looking to confirm our intake for the November 19 start by the middle of September and are planning to conduct assessment days between 27th August and 6th September.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.