Engineering Project Manager
Ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
One of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, we’re driven to ask ‘why’ and make the world a better place – today and tomorrow. Our award-winning consultants take a hands-on role, providing independent advice to make sure a variety of innovative solutions deliver real business benefits.
At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities, from the projects you’ll work on to the wide variety of career paths you can pursue. You will take responsibility for delivering Atkins consulting engineering projects to a diverse range of private and public sector clients. Our learning and development support will help you develop the industry skills that our clients seek and value.
We are looking to attract experienced candidates with a proven delivery and consulting background with an emphasis on Project Management within Engineering Design discipline.
The successful candidate will have been engaged in delivery management and consulting roles with at least 2 years work experience gained in either a private or public-sector organisation.
We have Project Manager positions available within Atkins ADS&T as part of the continued growth of our P3M Delivery Service. The roles are suitable for candidates who have a background in Project Management in complex engineering environments. Working from within our P3M Delivery Practice, you will primarily work leading Multi-disciplinary Atkins Teams delivering Engineering Design solutions for our clients.
The successful candidate will also be expected to make a contribution to Practice and Business development. This may include leading bid teams as well as developing new business propositions for existing clients or researching potential new markets
You will be representing Atkins to our clients, so it is key that our values and ways of working are demonstrated within the role:
• Teamwork – Ability to effectively lead teams and work cooperatively with others and provide help where required
• Communication – a good listener and someone who questions effectively, concise verbal and written communication skills and effective questioning/listening skills. Able to communicate with confidence at all levels in a organisation
• Relationship building – someone who can form strong relationships with both the team and the client
• Flexibility – able to lead client delivery and when required, to ‘roll up your sleeves’ to assist in delivering key projects and work packages.
• Customer Focus – Delivers a high level of customer service to our external and internal customers
• Achievement – Looks to exceed client aspirations and works to goals and manages obstacles. Energy, pride and determination in meeting targets and overcoming challenges
• Initiative – Ability to analyse data and situations, break down work into key tasks and activities
• Development – Wants to continually develop new skills and undertake personal training and CPD
• Collegiate – Manage client demands whilst contributing to the development of the P3M Delivery Practice
• Ethics and integrity – uphold Atkins high professional standards at all times
• Advocacy – be an ambassador for our wider business at all times
A good working knowledge and demonstrable experience in most of the following areas of Project Delivery management:
• Proven track record with at least 2 years experience of project delivery management.
• Recognised Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, APM, MoR, MSP)
• Planning, monitoring and reporting, with P6, Microsoft Project or JIRA experience desirable
• Experience and understanding of delivering Engineering solutions ideally with an Engineering Qualification
• Issue and Risk management
• Strong commercial awareness and experience, understands Contracts (ideally NEC 3/4 experience) and able to effectively manage Scope and Change.
• Good knowledge of financial processes including project cost control and ability to report financial data
• Experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers is desirable
• Experience in the defence sector is desirable.
• UK Mobile, whilst operating from a base Office in either Bristol or Reading.
• Prepared if required to undergo security clearance for working at clients in the UK Public sector
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.