User Support andTraining Specialist
We are seeking four (4) highly personable and technically astute User Support/Training Specialists with experience in information systems. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with strong communication skills combined with hands on user support and training experience within an IT environment. Ideally, you will have previous experience working in a defence environment or have worked recently within a national Ministry of Defence, Armed Forces, NATO or wider Defence sector.
The role is User Support/Training Specialist on the Human Resources Data Services (HRDS) programme located at Mons, Belgium. Allied Command Operations (ACO) J1 Division is responsible for all aspects of military and civilian manpower policy and personnel management in ACO. The Division is also responsible to provide the enabling and supporting Human Resources Data Services (HRDS) systems to the NATO Command Structure and other NATO organisations. The HRDS programme has a requirement for external/contracted support over a wide spectrum of functional expertise/IT to support the HRDS programme services.
The HRDS User Support/Training Specialist role is responsible for Level 0 HRDS business helpdesk as well as delivering the HRDS training courses at SHAPE and other HQs. It is responsible for the maintenance of the training courses and materials and for the planning and availability of the HRDS training courses and helpdesk.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide Help Desk assistance to HRDS Users at all HQs across NCS, Operational theatres, IMS, NCIA, NFS and MoU organisations.
- Investigate problem reports in liaison with appropriate NCIA technicians and System Suppliers (response within 1 and 3 days depending on the priority).
- Support the data administration of HRDS systems, including analysis and implementation of requirements for organisational structures.
- Perform validation on bulk data entry upload and modification submissions, to ensure data quality.
- Conduct checks and produce reports to support protection of personal data held in HRDS.
- Deliver HRDS courses to students at SHAPE, using the HRDS Training Centre system, and at other NATO HQs, using the HRDS mobile training facility (according to the annual training plan).
- Participate in and support the HRDS course planning, enrolment, selection, delivery and subsequent award of qualifications according to the HRDS training Plan.
- Create, maintain, and improve the HRDS Training Courses and materials baseline.
- Support HRDS in creating and maintaining the annual HRDS training plan and calendar.
- Provide first line maintenance of the training aids, notes, presentations and promotional material to support HRDS training courses.
- Provide first line maintenance of the HRDS mobile training facility and training aids and ensure it is performed correctly and timely.
- Provide first line maintenance of the HRDS Training Centre system.
- Perform annual on-site support visits to static HQs.
- Perform annual on-site training visits as requested by individual HQs.
- Perform monthly on-site visits to each of the 6 NSTEP user sites in Belgium to perform routine maintenance to NSTEP equipment. Each visit monitors equipment performance, database and operating system updates and local Wi-Fi network performance.
- Create APMS Newsletter releases to promote awareness of systems’ capabilities throughout the user community.
- Consolidate and review input for the maintenance of training course syllabi.
- Perform and look after the necessary Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and subsequent training course design and implementation for all new or upgraded HRDS systems.
- Support the HRDS Training and User Support websites and ticketing system on the HRDS Portals.
- Plan and assist the HRDS branch leadership with staff update briefings to ensure that new/changed/improved capabilities are known and understood.
- Monitor and review course delivery and facilitate peer reviews.
- Support the HRDS User Group Conferences planning and execution (1 conference per year).
- Perform quality checks and carry out remedial action on data prior to the production of the monthly, quarterly, annual and other periodic reports required for submission to the NATO Nations.
- Higher Secondary education and intermediate training in human resources management, social sciences, computer science, business administration, or related field, public administration or training related discipline. A University degree in any of the above fields of study would be advantageous.
- Experience with NATO’s manpower and/or personnel environments or a national military’s equivalent.
- Experience of using the current HRDS systems or another similar enterprise-wide military manpower/personnel system implementation.
- Experience in the application of Systems Approach to Training (SAT) in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of training courses.
- Experience of instructing/training/mentoring in the application and use of automated HR systems or related Management Information Systems.
- Experience as a centralised helpdesk manager or operator.
- Experience of where the definition and production of User Acceptance strategies, plans and scenarios formed major job functions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NATO Secret Security Clearance.
- Fluent and confident in both spoken and written English.
MCR is a trusted leader in integrated program management and technical solutions. We have long provided solutions at NATO and across the defence community and we have an enviable reputation of delivery. For more information about MCR, LLC career opportunities, please visit www.mcri.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Defence None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Human Resources None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom