Ill-Health Retirement Consultant
The Police Federation of England & Wales (PFEW) is the UK’s largest staff association and represents the interests of all police constables, sergeants, inspectors and chief inspectors. It has been at the forefront of test case litigation concerning the employment rights of police officers, including many cases that have become central to modern discrimination law. Its financial support for legal services and assistance to members can run to several million pounds each year.
The Consultant advises on cases where Officers have suffered injury on duty and have applied for an injury award or for medical retirement where they are deemed unfit to carry out the duties of a Police Officer.
The consultant will:
- be responsible for assessing the merit of each case for funding based on criteria laid down in Police Regulations
- act as mentor with the Representative assigned to the member making the claim, providing advice and guidance where necessary, throughout the life of the case
- determine if there is a legal aspect to this claim, what that legal aspect is, and pass to the claims department to authorise funding for a lawyer to be instructed
- where there is no legal aspect, gather and assess the medical evidence of the claim.
The Consultant is responsible for gathering evidence from medical professionals i.e. GP or Consultant records and medical reports for submissions to the Appeal Board.
As this is a Consultant role, you will be required to be self-employed and invoice PFEW on a monthly basis. More details on this can be found on https://www.gov.uk/topic/business-tax/self-employed
The PFEW is located in Surrey at Federation House, a couple of minutes from Leatherhead railway station, and only 45 minutes from London Waterloo by direct train. Federation House includes conference facilities for meetings and residential training courses.
More searches like this
- Consultancy None / Undisclosed Contract £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Leatherhead
- Intelligence None / Undisclosed Contract £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Leatherhead
- Legal None / Undisclosed Contract £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Leatherhead
- Management / Executive None / Undisclosed Contract £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Leatherhead
- Policing None / Undisclosed Contract £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Leatherhead