Information Assurance Manager, Tech Command
The Chief Data Office (CDO) is based within the Technology Command. We are responsible for managing the NCA corporate record and information holdings, whilst ensuring the NCA can confidently identify, discharge and comply with its legal information management responsibilities.
We develop strategy and set standards in gathering, storing, processing, analysing and disseminating information. We manage information access requests from the public and third party disclosure requests from other prosecuting authorities in respect of on-going enquiries/operations. We are also responsible for co-ordinating the NCA response to major statutory and public inquiries.
Our role is to protect the public from the most serious criminal threats. As an NCA officer you can make a difference! We are the forefront of law enforcement in the UK and we look for a wide variety of skills and experience to protect the public. Whatever your role you will have a vital part to play.
To be successful in this role you will need the ability to lead a team, inspire trust and have strong integrity.
You will interact successfully with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, presenting opinion in a clear and objective way.
This is a crucial and influential role requiring excellent drafting, negotiating and analysis skills.
As part of a team of information assurance professionals, you will be using your skills and expertise to:
• Manage a small team delivering information assurance and accreditation services and support the Senior Manager in running an effective business function.
• Manage a team responsible for ensuring the accreditation status of all NCA information systems, obtaining assurance infrastructures are managed and maintained, and conducting formal analysis on the acceptable levels of risk.
• Provide advice and guidance on new systems and capability in relation to information risk management.
• Liaise and collaborate with NCA partners to provide assurance that the NCA’s information assets are appropriately protected, through the effective monitoring and compliance with HMG Information Assurance standards to enable data sharing amongst partner organisations.
• Support good information management compliance in the agency
The following criteria is essential for the role:
• At least three years relevant experience in information security
• Candidates will be required to achieve Developed Vetting (DV) clearance
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Seeing the Big Picture
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- National Insurance Number - Required for monitoring purposes only
- Thorough knowledge of HMG accreditation and compliance regime.
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and HMG Information Standards and Good Practice Guides.
- Experience of analysing information from a range of sources.
Information Assurance roles attract an RRA set as a one off additional payment of £3,800 pa for 2019/20.
The RRA is an enhancement to the role and is reviewed annually.
Roles based in London will also receive an additional London Weighting of £3,258.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
Successful candidates will be expected to have a medical.
More searches like this
- Consultancy None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Intelligence None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Legal None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Management / Executive None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)