G6 Support Assistant, Business Support
This role is available in the following locations:
Kingston Upon Thames
Serious and organised crime may feel far removed from our everyday lives, but it kills more people than all other national security threats combined. The NCA sits at the heart of the UK's response.
We tackle those that pose the greatest risk to our safety and security. We operate proactively at the high end of high risk, undertaking investigations to bring offenders to justice. The NCA has a wide remit and we are looking for committed individuals to join us in a Business Support capacity, to provide vital administrative and professional expertise across all departments in the NCA.
There are business support roles without our operational and non-operational environments.
Applicants will be considered for business support roles in its broadest sense across the Agency, but we appreciate that candidates will have preferences in terms of the sorts of areas that they would like to support.
To provide an efficient support service to National Crime Agency operations, corporate and service functions, programmes or projects, contributing towards the successful delivery of business objectives across the organisation.
• Provide business, administrative, secretarial and/or tactical support to operations, intelligence corporate or central service functions as tasked
• Search, collate and analyse data from multiply sources/ data systems and identify potential intelligence gaps.
• Provide administrative support to the business area to include the preparation of documents, typing and co-ordinating departmental correspondence, arranging meetings, diary management, minute taking, maintain, develop and review office systems/processes, travel bookings including accommodations/ car/ reservations, organise events and raise purchase orders in support of departmental activity (administrative roles)
• Perform effective case management to include analysis of case data and the monitoring logging and coding of case material in accordance with data protection and disclosure legislation
• Carry out database searches on internal and national systems and disseminate findings to support major crime investigations
(Data/ Intelligence and Analytical roles)
• Co-ordinate/ monitor feedback from investigators in all analysed cases
• Your varied duties mean that every day will bring a new challenge. The often time-critical nature of your activities will mean you must be able to multi-task and prioritise.
We are looking for committed individuals to join us as Support Assistant, to provide vital administrative expertise across a variety of departments in the National Crime Agency
Individuals will also need to evidence the below experience criteria during the recruitment process:
• Proven administrative experience to include the use of Microsoft Office and new digital technologies
• Proven experience of effective time management and working to tight timeframes
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Working Together
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- National Insurance Number - Required for monitoring purposes only
- Role Preference - Please highlight whether you prefer working in an Operational, Capabilities role or either.
- Technical Skill 1 - Excellent customer service interactions
- Technical Skill 2 - Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi task
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
Successful candidates will be expected to have a medical.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Strengths, Experience and Technical skills.
Once submitted your application will be acknowledged by the Government Recruitment Service.
A panel will then assess your application to select those demonstrating the best fit with the role by considering the evidence you have provided against the criteria set out in the Entry Criteria section.
Failure to address any or all of these may affect your application.
You will then be asked to attend an interview in order to have a more in-depth discussion of your previous experience and professional competence.
Full details of the assessment process will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, you must submit your application by Midnight on 2nd September 2019.
After submission of your personal details you will be invited to complete the Civil Service Judgement test. Do not leave completing the tests until the last minute in case you experience any access or technical issues. There may not be technical support available after business hours and after 3pm on the 2nd September 2019.
While the tests should work on most operating systems and modern browsers with a good internet connection, we cannot guarantee that every combination will work. At the beginning, the test will check which browser you are using, and alert you if it is likely to be incompatible.
It is highly recommended that you complete the online tests on a desktop computer, not a mobile phone or tablet.
Please note that online tests associated with this vacancy are not subject to time limits.
The closing date for the tests is Midnight on 4th September 2019. If you fail to complete the online test before the deadline your application will be withdrawn.
Guidance for each test will be available when you are invited to take the test. The tests are administered online and accessed via the Civil Service Jobs website.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial None / Undisclosed Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Nationwide
- Intelligence None / Undisclosed Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Nationwide
- Legal None / Undisclosed Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Nationwide
- Policing None / Undisclosed Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Nationwide
- Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Nationwide