The HR Officer is responsible for providing an efficient and effective generalist HR service to Beckington based employees but with specific responsibility for managing all Learning & Development activities within the business.
The role reports to the Head of HR and will be based in Beckington with the flexibility to work at other sites at least one day a week.
HR Key Result Areas:
- To provide the HR support to Managers through general ER issues such as changes to the workforce, terms and conditions of employment, disciplinary and grievance processes
- To provide guidance and support to all Line Managers when managing performance issues
- To ensure that all Policies and Procedures are kept up to date and compliant with legislative changes
- Manage the recruitment of all posts arising within the Product and Technical or Support Functions, from job description review to onboarding, using the recruitment module within the ACCESS Business system
- Assisting Managers and Heads of Discipline (HoDs) in ensuring everyone is sufficiently trained to do their job effectively.
- Designing and developing training programmes to support employees in learning new skills and in developing existing ones.
- Assist with determining training needs and requirements for the business by meeting with managers/HoDs and talking with employees.
- Review and assess training provided by third parties to determine appropriateness and effectiveness for both the individual and business needs, including an evaluation process in order to report back to the HRD return on investment/training spend.
- Be the point of contact for all L&D across all sites supporting and guiding employees on the training process and procedures maximising their career development opportunities.
- Creating and maintaining a training manual which incorporates the Company Policy, Procedure and catalogue of our endorsed training courses.
- Managing the learning zone on the company Intranet.
- Ensuring the induction modules for new starters are organised and delivered effectively and kept up to date as changes occur within the business.
- Managing the training budget and report to Executive Management Team regarding status throughout the year.
- Maintaining an understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods, including any government funding available.
Operational Standards & Objectives:
- Coach line managers on best practice through; disciplinary, grievance, TUPE, restructure, redundancy, absence and performance management processes - preparing all correspondence ensuring that the law is adhered to.
- Ensure that casework is recorded and maintained so the team can access accurate employee information at any point in time.
- Work with managers and/or marketing to draft adverts and advertise vacancies on the relevant medium ensuring a professional image is portrayed at all times.
- Liaise with potential candidates in order to establish if they have the relevant skills and experiences to fulfil the vacant role requirements.
- Review applications with the Recruiting Managers (RMs) generating a shortlist of candidates to be interviewed.
- Arrange interviews and recommended tests for candidates, facilitating tests where appropriate.
- Ensure interview questions are prepared in line with the advertised job description and the companies Vision & Values and support the RMs during the interview as and when required.
- Support the “young worker” recruitment programme initiatives.
Learning & Development
- Develop a training matrix for each role which in turn will feed into the corporate training plan.
- Deliver a companywide training plan and execute it in priority order ensuring training spend is within budget.
- Ensure that all training costs are recorded accurately and the money is spent fairly and consistently across discipline and functional employees in accordance with the L&D budget held by the Head of HR.
- Assist the Head of HR with signing off the training requests in line with the training policy and budget.
- To maintain the learning zone on company intranet so it always reflects accurate up to date information.
- Create “best practice” guidance for Line Managers
- Create portfolios of training; in house courses, legal compliance, line management toolboxes, and corporate initiatives.
- Coach line managers to identify training needs via appraisals, PDPs and performance management processes.
- Using the competency framework, create a training plan that promotes employees progression throughout their chosen career path.
- To work closely with the Heads of Discipline to ensure that development needs identified on employee’s PDPs are budgeted for and organised at a suitable time for the majority of delegates to attend.
- Responsible for organising and co-ordinating the IET development programmes running across the Company
- Responsible for the corporate Induction programme to ensure that it meets employee’s needs, that it is conducted within the first 3 months of an employee’s start date and is continually being updated to reflect changes in the business.
- Draft training agreements for all employees undertaking continued professional development.
- Ensure the Purchasing process is adhered to when organising training courses e.g. the raising of Purchase Requisitions
- Maintain employee’s training records on the Business System
- Record completed PDPs on the Business System
- Complete the Training statistics within the monthly report for submission to the Executive Management team.
- After initial offer of employment, take responsibility for all contractual paperwork for Beckington employees including; transfers, offers of promotion, benefit changes and flexible working.
- Ensure the Business System is accurate and up to date to reflect any changes to employees’ details.
- Ensure that HR filing, is kept up to date and accurate and all correspondence is scanned to avoid loss due to fire / theft.
- Assist the HRD and Head of HR with ad hoc projects and other administrative tasks related to HR related services as and when required.
Level 5 CIPD, preferably with L&D focus/bias
Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
Attention to Detail
MASS are an equal opportunities employer