We deliver advanced research, development services, and products and are a vendor-neutral supplier picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities. We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff, although when you are working across ground-breaking projects within the fields of autonomy and AI, communications and connectivity, data analytics and cyber it is rare that you will have nothing new to learn.
What will your role look like?
As the Service Architect you will:
- Understand, design and implement sustainable and scalable value for money Service portfolio in response to complex customer requirements, contractual obligations, and regulatory compliance
- Have authority for delivering ‘fit for purpose’ efficient Service capability to support mission-critical solutions
- Define, Promote and Advocate Service capability vision, roadmap and processes across the organisation
- Provide Governance & Strategic leadership for Service capability particulars across the organisation
- Champion & Monitor consistent Service capability best practice across the organisation in line with market trend
- Review and Approve Service capability particulars to support bid proposal and business development activity
- Provide service capability Customer Stakeholder Engagement & Supplier Relationship Management
- Produce Service capability Management Info and Dashboard Reporting to aid business decision-making
- Proactive Continuous Review and Improvement of Service capability to drive efficiency, economy, and re-use
What do we expect from you?
- Degree or Post Graduate Qualification ideally within an Engineering discipline
- ITIL v3 Foundation accreditation
- Highly proficient in ITIL v3 Service Management Lifecycle ideally within an Agile/Scrum working regime
- Proven assurance of delivering complex/challenging Service capability in diverse dynamic environments
- Excellent competency of ITIL v3 Service Strategy, Design, Transition, Operations and CSI constituents
- Self-motivated Service SME collaborator with a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility
- Very good business insight as well as experience of SLM and Financial Management i.e. cost modelling
- Autonomous and able to lead/coach/mentor/inspire Service capability best practice at all stakeholder levels
- Adept leader and strategic thinker with strong diplomacy, advocacy, pragmatism and influential demeanour
- Highly proficient problem-solving, interpersonal, analytical, planning and written/verbal communication skills
- Profound established coherent customer intimacy and supplier/partner trusted relationship preservation
- Experience of Project Management lifecycle including Risks, Assumptions, Issues & Dependencies
- Profound knowledge of CMDB and a plethora of ITSM tools such as HPE, BMC, CA, IBM, Sunrise, Axios, etc
- ITIL v3 Practitioner and/or ITIL v3 Service Manager accreditation
- Experience of working on large change transformation programmes within a secure environment
- A deep understanding of Project Management methodologies such as MSP, Prince 2, etc
- Working knowledge of SDLC and DevOps in alignment to Service Management
- Exposure to Continuous Integration Technologies such as Docker, Nagios, ELK, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc
- Appreciation of ITOM, Service Management Automation and Service Analytics
- Scrum Master know-how and LEAN Kanban practice
- Knowledge of Cloud computing such as IAAS, PAAS, SAAS, etc
- Well versed with UK Government working practices
Where will you be based?
Your work will typically be located at Roke's state of the art site in Romsey, with some travel to customer sites and the possibility for you to work on secondment with a customer.
What can we offer in return?
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- A company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, in addition to a contributory pension that will allow you to effectively save for the future.
- 25 days holiday with the opportunity to accrue a further 8 days flexi-leave.
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include travel insurance, and dental care.
Due to the nature of the work associated with this position, we require you to hold or be eligible to achieve Security Clearance (SC). As a result, you should be a British Citizen and/or meet the residency requirements and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years.
If you already hold DV or SC clearance we will provide assistance in transferring this, if you do not hold clearance we will help you through the clearance process. We also pay a bonus for those already holding or willing to attain a higher level clearance.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.