IT Service Manager
We are actively seeking a highly personable and technically astute IT Service Management professional. The ideal person for this role will have experience providing IT release support within NATO, the MoD, civil service, the wider armed forces or a defence organisation. You will be responsible for various tasks related to technical support. This work is located in Mons, Brussels and will suit those either already living there or willing to work within that location unencumbered. Sound like a great fit?
Your daily role responsibilities will include:
- Orchestrate IT Releases across organisational entities, Service Lines and other relevant stakeholders ensuring that the Release Management Process/Directive is followed to the letter
- Provide support to the Service Delivery Managers on the communication of software releases
- Provide support to the System Managers on the planning of the releases following the specified process or procedure
- Ensure that the Release and Deployment processes are in place, updated and fit for purpose, ensuring that the relevant metrics contribute to measurement and reporting
- Enforce process and standards, and work to improve the process
- Collect data related to the relevant KPIs to contribute to satisfactory Service performance
- Develop and validate the deployment approach for services, which include defining the approach for managing business readiness, service cutover, go live support structure, training, critical issue process and testing activities that are to be conducted as part of each Release deployment
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Provide planning for Early Life Support
- Provide mentorship on Service Outage plans and communication with Delivery Managers
- Review the Release and Deployment plans and ensure they adhere to standards
- Participate in the Change Advisory Board to review and approve changes across the organisation, along with IT Change Managers
Passionate about this opportunity? Here are the basic qualifications we are looking for:
- You possess a degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post;
- Practical experience in usage of Service Management tools;
- Sound knowledge of Service Design, Service Transition and Service
- Operation processes and principles according to ITILv3;
- Experience with ITIL release, deployment, change and config. management standard methodologies
- Experience leading meetings and committees
- Knowledge of Quality Management principles
- Experience in the operation of Change Advisory Boards
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NATO Secret Security Clearance
At MCR Global, we are a leading Programme Management provider. Since 1977, MCR has delivered planning, cost/schedule analysis, acquisition management and programme assessment solutions to help government and commercial clients successfully lead their programs. MCR’s 400+ professionals provide critical thinking and integrated solutions to acquisition professionals, helping customers become more efficient and effective in running complex programmes.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about a future at MCR and wish to learn more about current opportunities, please visit www.mcri.com.
More searches like this
- Central Government None / Undisclosed Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Consultancy None / Undisclosed Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Defence None / Undisclosed Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Management / Executive None / Undisclosed Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom