Police Officer Transferees & Rejoiners – Public Protection Unit
Police Officer Transferees & Re-joiners – Public Protection Unit
Salary: Constable Start dates throughout 2019
PIP 2 qualified Detective Constables or those working towards PIP2 are invited to apply for an exciting opportunity to join us within our complex public protection investigation Teams within West Midlands Police
Can you see yourself working within the PPU of one of the country’s leading forces?
This is your opportunity to transfer your skills and experience to West Midlands Police!
West Midlands Police is changing the face of policing, and you could be part of our major plans.
We are in the middle of an exciting programme of development as we move towards our WMP2020 objectives and onto our 2025 programme– new ways of working and innovative technology are at the forefront of our thinking. Our vibrant region is also hosting the UK City of Culture in 2021 and the Commonwealth Games in 2022 – this is a great time to join us!
Opportunities available within our Public Protection Unit
We welcome applications from PIP2 qualified Detective Constables or those who are working towards PIP2 within your current force.
We have opportunities at:
- West Bromwich Police Station
- Perry Barr Custody Suite, Birmingham
- Coventry Central Police Station
The teams deal with the most serious of public protection offences including rape, domestic attempt murders and wounding’s, penetrative offences, historic sexual offences and any other complex investigations. The team work closely with partners to help safeguard victim’s and gather all available evidence to present complicated issues in a understandable format for a trial jury to understand and make their verdict on. The role provides an opportunity to work closely with victim’s who are in great need of support at often incredibly difficult periods of their lives. The opportunity to support individuals who are initially seen at their lowest point and to then help them gain justice and help get their lives back on track is a challenging yet rewarding part of this role.
Why join us?
The West Midlands is one of Europe’s most diverse and challenging policing environments, serving 2.8 million people in an area rich in diversity, with around 30 per cent of its population from ethnic minority backgrounds. Birmingham is also the youngest city in Europe, with under 25s accounting for nearly 40 per cent of its population. Our force values embody what we are, to apply you must have real passion for people and communities. You will have a desire to work alongside our local communities to build relationships and make a difference to the lives of people in the West Midlands.
Life around here is diverse and fast-paced; careers are varied and demanding – but exciting too. From major incidents to community policing, every day is different and with events like Coventry City of Culture 2021 and Birmingham hosting the Commonwealth Games 2022 to prepare for, a career with WMP has lots to offer.
We are committed to supporting you and have a comprehensive development programme across the Force.
Want to find out more?
For an initial discussion regarding the opportunity please contact David Sproson, Detective Inspector, via firstname.lastname@example.org or Wendy Bailey, Detective Chief Inspector, email@example.com.
Alternatively, we welcome you to attend an information session in Central Birmingham on Tuesday 23rd July 14:00 - 16:00, you can also attend this session virtually via Skype. To find out more and register please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply to transfer to West Midlands Police you must have successfully completed your probation and be transferring from a Home Office Force
- You must be a Detective Constable or be actively working towards your PIP2
- Please note West Midlands Police is currently only considering transfer applications at the rank of Constable. Applications will also be considered from re-joiners
- Please do not apply as a transferee or re-joiner if you already have an active application with another force
If you’re committed, enthusiastic and ready to join us in making the West Midlands safer place apply now.
Diversity and Inclusion Vision: “Maximise the potential of people from all backgrounds through a culture of fairness and inclusion to deliver the best service for our communities”.
More searches like this
- Intelligence None / Undisclosed Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Coventry
- Policing None / Undisclosed Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Coventry
- Counter Terrorism None / Undisclosed Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Coventry
- Investigation None / Undisclosed Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Coventry
- Surveillance None / Undisclosed Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Coventry