Sourcing Operations Buy Leader
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- Manage the buying process for a given set of goods. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets. Department executing complex standard analyses, tests and support work. Department is expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise based upon precedents.
- The Sourcing Operations Buy Leader demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes. In this role you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Lead the Sourcing Buy team and drive Operational Buy Team to meet its' target areas and to deliver strong value to the business
- Develop and align Sourcing strategy targets on quality, price, delivery, and service necessary to meet program requirements while ensuring alignment with Sourcing Commodity Leads strategies and Fulfilment Team
- Collaborate with manager in setting realistic and challenging operational goals and contribute to their accomplishment
- Drive Sourcing initiatives including leading process improvements, supporting bid and proposal efficiency, and continued internal customer engagement
- Interface with all levels of the business on issues of program schedule management and schedule critical issues where necessary
- Lead reviews of drop in demand requests to understand any risks and escalate as appropriate
- Establish and lead a data integrity operating rhythm
- Support the S&OP process from Sourcing Buy perspective and take lead on establishing risk
- Work collaboratively with Commodity Management team on supplier transitions
- Create reports and establish rhythms to measure and drive performance to stated goals and objectives
- Ensure team execute on timely placement of PLO/requisitions, PO documentation, while in full compliance of procedures, regulations and policies.
- Balance strategy development with the tactical execution necessary to support cost reduction projects and operational requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Planning Organisation on supply requirement signals, planning parameter reviews to drive most effective and least risk purchasing process
- Create and enforce business policies to meet business targets and customer needs, including improving procurement processes and optimizing Sourcing resources to enhance the customer experience with Sourcing.
- Monitor supplier performance with peers to plan and work with the suppliers to manage any improvements plans / actions.
- Hold regular business reviews with suppliers in conjunction with Commodity Leaders/Material Health Leaders
- Ensure full compliance with all FAR, export and ITAR related requirements as well as Sourcing PO folder compliance.
- Interface with the sourcing fulfilment team on issues that arise.
- Track and manage workload on the team, identifying areas of excess workload and working with management to formulate and implement plans to alleviate including workload re-distribution, overtime and hiring, including absence management and holiday authorisation
- Responsible for team management activities including performance management against agreed goals and objectives utilising GE tools
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Significant relevant Sourcing ExperienceAchieved
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Accreditation Applications from job seekers who requiresponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside allother applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to apost if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is availableto take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances,to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information pleasevisit the UK Border Agency website . Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that inthe event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible forthe role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of nationalsecurity. Please see the link below for further details regarding therequirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.