Sub-Section Manager - Test Systems (Power)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- The test systems sub-section manager is responsible for leading a team of test hardware engineers across power programs on the Cheltenham site. You will liaise with project managers and engineering teams to ensure your team understands project test requirements and designs & delivers appropriate solutions. Development of capability and capacity in the team are key to this role as well as shaping the longer term strategy and cost base of test solutions.
- Responsible for leading a team of engineers to deliver the design and development of test solutions for power products and systems. You will ensure these solutions are taken from the engineering team to the production environment by engaging key stakeholders and adoption of project management techniques. The role will involve the Development of an operational plan for the department to ensure correct staffing levels and skills are deployed and to look for ways of reducing the cost base of test equipment solutions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Proven analytical and organizational ability to deliver solutions on-time, to budget and with the required quality whilst being able to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management and the management of suppliers
- Ability to lead a project team building capability & capacity in the team to deliver test equipment solutions for power products
- Ability to influence others and lead teams.
- Work closely with the sustaining engineering and manufacturing engineering teams to ensure solutions are transferred to the production environment
- An understanding of test philosophies and types of testing employed in the development of high integrity products.
- Experience of developing test solutions for high integrity equipment. Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency: website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience of equipment design, development, or hardware/software integration or a knowledge of equipment wiring standards.
- Knowledge of PC based test solutions and exposure to test tools, such as LabVIEW orTestStand.
- Ability to manage change and obsolescence issues.
- Experience of fault tree analysis and test diagnostics.
- Competence in the use Microsoft applications.
- An understanding of regulatory and safety requirements.