Business Analyst & Design Lead (SC Cleared)
CMC Partnership Consultancy is a trusted and respected provider of specialist Change Management, Business Analysis, Portfolio, Programme and Project Management. Our focus is on meeting our customer needs and developing relationships based on our core values of openness, trust and respect.
Specialist role for Business Analyst, planning and managing multiple analysis and design workstreams for a large digital programme delivering a new digital caseworking platform across multiple business areas in the organisation.
- Lead the Programme’s Business Analysis and Architecture (BAA) team through discovery activities for a large digital programme and peripheral projects
- Represent the programme to senior stakeholders across multiple business areas
- Work to resolve design questions and identify solutions.
- Organise/chair weekly Steering Group.
- Maintain/manage Programme Discovery plan
- Track/report on Discovery KPI's, duration/variance against plan.
- Assure pre-discovery activities
- Schedule BA's on projects/manage resourcing activities.
- Manage/highlight design risks/issues at Delivery board
- Present regular updates at IPT Programme Board, own actions on business design.
- Highlight/facilitate management of dependencies
- Quality assure BA/Design products.
- Develop/maintain high BA and Design standards
- Organise retrospectives, knowledge transfer sessions etc
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading a multi-disciplinary design team, or business analysis team, on a high profile large scale digital programme with a wide range of stakeholder groups
- Must hold at least one of the following professional Business Analysis qualifications: IIBA Level 3 – CBAP; BCS Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis; BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
- Proven success at establishing and developing high standards of business analysis and design artefacts e.g. BPMN Process Maps, Use Cases, UI Designs etc.
- Must hold relevant qualifications in Agile methodologies and have extensive practical experience of working in /leading Agile requirements work for large scale Agile delivery initiatives, with good knowledge/experience of SAFe.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to work effectively with senior stakeholders to secure consensus to resolve design issues. Strong workshop facilitation skills, ability to develop business/domain knowledge quickly.
- Ability to evaluate information and present it in the optimal way to ensure it is easily understood by the target audience, enabling prompt and informed design or governance decisions.
- Ability to think creatively and articulate innovative ideas to solving complex business problems. Proven ability to work collaboratively at pace within a high profile pressurised delivery environment
- The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge/experience of designing solutions compliant with GDS service standards.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Prior experience of working in a government setting.
- Knowledge, experience and/or qualifications in business or enterprise architecture e.g. TOGAF, BIZBOK etc
The ideal candidate will have current (SC) security clearance or be eligible, and content, to undergo the full clearance process. Candidates should familiarise themselves with this before applying.
Please reply with your CV attached quoting JTBC
CMC is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from individuals from every background who have a legal right to live and work in the UK.
Applicants should be aware that successful candidates will be subject to an HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard Check.