Business Analyst/Requirements Engineer – AWACS, Aurora (on behalf of MoD)
Our client, the Ministry of Defence (through the Aurora Engineering Partnership), are seeking a Business Analyst/Requirements Engineer – AWACS to join their team. The role will be based in MoD Corsham. The role requires SC clearance.
Task ID: Air/ASOC/AWACS/00334-M1
Technical Discipline: Systems Engineering and Integration
Specialism: Requirements engineering, management & systems architecture (incl. MODAF)
Requirements are scheduled to run until December 2019. This is a competitive tender and there is therefore no pre-defined price attached to this role. We suggest that a rate of £400 - £520/day will be competitive, however please approach us if you have different requirements.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. The MoD have indicated then intend to operate the engagement as Inside IR35. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 25/06/2019 at 14:00
Eligibility Requirements: SC Clearance. Reserved position. UK National only, cleared Secret UK Eyes Only.
- Develop the Information Exchange Requirement to articulate the required information flows and identified solutions throughout the E-7 Programme.
- Identify and develop the requirements for shared, collaborative and corporate applications for Air C2 and enabling capabilities.
- Ensure coherence with the Defence C4ISR information domain through engagement with Joint C4ISR Capabilities.
- Manage and collate SME advice to inform the development of System Requirement Documents (SRD).
- Ensure linkage and coherence with the delivery of Jt Cyber and Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA) programmes through engagement with JFC, ISS, sS Command and PAG, acting as the E-7 intelligent customer for CEMA capability requirements.
- Ensure that CIS is integral to the planning and provisioning of the major infrastructure projects associated with E-7.
- Ensure detailed CIS specifications are produced for all associated infrastructure projects, detailing generic installation, site-specific and end user requirements.
- Enact the HQ AIR Command policy on CIS infrastructure specifications to streamline processes and improve the quality of outputs.
- Ensure the SCIDA Technical Agents are engaged to certify that all project CIS installations are compliant with MOD regulations.
- Ensure adherence to the audit process across Air TLB, ensuring governance, assurance and accreditation is in place for all applications used on the platform.
- Provide assistance to the RM and Programme Manager to support the development and subsequent management of a pan-DLOD ITEA Plan.
Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies and Opportunities (RAIDO)
- Monitor emerging risks, opportunities and issues, raising them to the attention of the appropriate Risk manager.
- Manage E-7 Pan-DLOD risks and issues related to the delivery and graduation in to service of CEMA capabilities.
- Identify and exploit innovation opportunities for CEMA capabilities in order to enhance AIR’s capability and influence future requirements.
- Lead discreet ICT projects as directed by the E-7 Programme Manager.
- Evaluate the impact of any new higher-level legislation, directives, policies or initiatives that may affect the E-7 Programme and establish implementation plans.
- Promote cultural change; raise the understanding of IM amongst the AWACS community through inform, influence, intervene and innovate.
- As required, provide input to the following meetings: Programme Boards; CIWG; Project/Programme Review Meetings; Sub-working groups; Preliminary Design Review/Critical Design reviews; 3OA stocktakes
- Must have prior experience of working at Corsham, ideally in a project delivery/RM environment.
- Current SC essential.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted.
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.