We are actively seeking a highly personable and technically astute Senior Financial Assistant. The ideal person for this role will have experience providing financial and project management within NATO, the MoD, civil service, the wider armed forces or a defence organisation. You will be responsible for various tasks related to technical support. This work is located in Mons, Belgium and will suit those either already living there or willing to work within that location unencumbered. Sound like a great fit?
Your daily role responsibilities will be as follows:
- Exercise financial control during the execution stage of funding allocations, ensuring compliance;
- Provide financial expertise to Fund Managers, Project Managers, Service Owners, Account Management, and Acquisition staff;
- Provide analyses and management reports on financial matters;
- Assist the Senior Finance Staff in Customer Reviews;
- Assess in-year affordability of requirements;
- Support the development of recommendations for requirement prioritisation;
- Supporting financial analysis of customer requirements;
- Assist in the preparation and review of Agency price proposals;
- Bill of customers in accordance with terms of SLAs;
- Provide technical advice and functional support to senior management within the Finance organisation;
- Assist in serving as a point of entry for all local financial matters;
- Perform the administration and clerical functions for all financial records and files;
- Assist to Identify/verify the proper funding categories for all purchases and services requested;
Passionate about this opportunity? Here are the basic qualifications we are looking for:
- A degree or equivalent work experience in related field
- Demonstrable skills and experience in areas such as financial management, resource planning and budgeting, cost analysis using automated financial management systems
- Experience in preparing financial reports
- Demonstrated ability to work as an integral member of financial management team charged with implementing financial plans and policies
- Experience in planning, preparation and production of budget submissions
- Microsoft Excel skills;
- Demonstrable ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of NATO Financial Regulations
- Knowledge of CIS systems and experience in handling CIS logistics support Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Previous use of Oracle R12
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Knowledge and/or experience with customer funding
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organisation, including ACO and ACT.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NATO Secret Security Clearance
At MCR, Global we are a leading Programme Management provider. Since 1977, MCR has delivered planning, cost/schedule analysis, acquisition management and program assessment solutions to help government and commercial clients successfully lead their programs. MCR’s 400+ professionals provide critical thinking and integrated solutions to acquisition professionals, helping customers become more efficient and effective in running complex programs.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about a future at MCR and wish to learn more about current opportunities, please visit www.mcri.com.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial None / Undisclosed Permanent £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Central Government None / Undisclosed Permanent £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Consultancy None / Undisclosed Permanent £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Procurement None / Undisclosed Permanent £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in United Kingdom