IT Business Analyst
Locations: Surrey (Leatherhead), Reading, Corsham, Gloucester & Bristol
Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
CGI provides secure, mission-critical solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients
We have some exciting opportunities for Business Analysts at varying levels who are looking to join our Space, Defence & Intelligence business unit. You could have a background covering data science or general software engineering if not both. We need junior, mid-level, senior, lead and Consultant Business Analyst’s, based in multiple locations, working for a range of clients and at different security levels.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will be responsible for:
• Managing requirements through various technical platforms i.e. Jira, Confluence
• The organisation and leadership of user workshops to elicit and prioritise requirements
• Creating User Journeys
• Creation and management of requirements across a wide range of complex and competing stakeholders
• Interpreting requirements into business processes either as a catalogue or user stories (client dependant)
• Engaging with technical teams to ensure functionality is implemented correctly
• Modelling business processes and functional flows
• Analysing and defining datasets
• Documenting specific features and analysing and defining business rules to specify technical solutions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
You need to have proven experience of:
• Requirements capture, familiarity with DevOps or comparable experience working with software development teams
• Agile business analysis techniques (including user stories, sprints and retrospectives), business process modelling (UML), data analysis, or technical understanding of relational and non-relational databases. (DSDM, Scrum, SaFE)
• Requirements development, process definition, and business change
• Understanding high level technical concepts and communicating issues clearly / accurately to technical / non-technical audiences, including executives
• Working collaboratively across varying audiences and building strong working relationships
• Working in complex IT project environments throughout the project lifecycle
• Analytical thinking coupled with an understanding of architecture-driven approaches
• Helping clients develop and improve customer relationships, especially with a digital transformation mind-set and using innovative technology, business models and culture.
• Assessing impact and the likelihood of success of proposed innovations.
• Communicating assessments and recommendations to both senior and technical stakeholders
• Workshop design, delivery and facilitation with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Knowledge of Defence system acquisitions
• Knowledge of Geospatial Systems and Services
• Demonstrable analytical and consulting experience working across a broad range of military, civil government and commercial organisations
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.