Network Support Engineer - Hampshire
Currently seeking DV Cleared Network Support Engineer, to fulfil a 12 month requirement for my client based at their offices in Gosport, Hampshire.
Due to the nature of the role and the time scale and requirements issued by the client, candidates have been advised to hold current DV Clearance for this role, or hold valid SC clearance with the ability to obtain DV clearance at the clients request.
Please find key information as per the below, provided by the client for your review:
Installs, configures and maintains UK Network Services layer 2/3 network equipment over multiple Data Centres (WAN Infrastructure provided by 3rd party) and account office sites. Configures and maintains UK network security appliances, such as firewalls and IPSs. Uses network analysis tools to research and resolve problems. Uses monitoring tools to ensure networks are performing as expected. Maintains network plans, diagrams, work instructions and other documentation. Installs and terminates LAN cabling, both fiber and copper.
- Maintain and improve performance, facilities and integrity of all on-line systems.
- Plan, configure and implement networks on local and remote sites.
- Install and configure communications software on all network attached devices as necessary meeting all contractual standards and obligations.
- Provide network advice to systems support staff, systems analysts, application end users and project development staff.
- Provide advice /information and verify Project proposals detailed within UK Network Services
- Plan configurations of new equipment and reconfiguration of existing equipment and assess their impact.
- Implement necessary security restrictions on network devices in accordance with department policy.
- Monitor network performance and capacity planning within UK network services.
- Develop and maintain on-line systems, comms and network documentation and standards, including section work instructions and network topology maps.
- In depth experience in IP data networks
- CCNP or equivalent network experience
- Holds a valid UK driving licence
Security Clearance: DV, or SC (willing to apply for DV clearance)
- Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Communication skills to interact with team members, support staff and Project managers
- Willingness to travel to remote Data Centres
- Experience of a complex data centre network environment
- Hands-on experience with CISCO layer 2/3 switches and firewalls inc Nexus
- Hands-on experience with McAfee Enterprise Firewalls
- Hands-on experience with F5 BigIP Load balancers
- Hands-on experience with Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimisers
Synergize Consulting is an equal opportunities organisation.
More searches like this
- Aerospace DV Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Gosport
- Central Government DV Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Gosport
- Cyber Security DV Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Gosport
- Defence DV Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Gosport
- Engineering DV Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Gosport