IT Support Specialist
Do you have previous experience in providing IT support? Are you looking to play a meaningful role in a creative environment? If so, we are searching for someone like you to join our team of experts supporting NATO.
We are actively seeking a highly personable and technically astute IT Support Specialist. The ideal person for this role will have experience supporting IT operations and development within NATO, the MoD, civil service, the wider armed forces or a defence organisation. You will be responsible for various tasks related to technical support. This work is located in The Hague, Netherlands and will suit those either already living there or willing to work within that location unencumbered. Sound like a great fit?
Your daily role responsibilities will be as follows:
- Troubleshooting and providing support in the development of automated IT services.
- Troubleshooting hardware and/or software related problems occurring in the fielded FAS baselines, and where necessary escalate.
- Administering user help requests.
- Responding to incoming requests for technical assistance from both NATO and National users on the site. The requests can cover;
- data communications system and network configuration;
- licensing issues, and documentation System Administration;
- operation and Maintenance for the FAS domain;
- configuring and maintaining the network of new and legacy servers,- installing the FAS baselines and related components.
- Managing system backups.
- Install and configure, operating systems and application software on operational FAS computers.
Passionate about this opportunity? Here are the basic qualifications we are looking for:
- You possess a degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Experience in MSSQL administration and maintenance or MSSQL development.
- Experience or equivalent knowledge in the area of Microsoft system administration
- AD, DNS,GPO,RDS (Remote Desktop Services)
- Experience in developing scripts by using modern script languages i.e.: python, PowerShell
- BizTalk server administration experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NATO Secret Security Clearance
- Experience in administering and maintaining GIS related systems.
- Experience with administration of Situational Awareness Services – iGeoSIT, NC OP, etc.
- ITIL Foundation- Experience administering or maintaining SharePoint /MOSS or SharePoint/MOSS based applications
At MCR Global, we are a leading Programme Management provider. Since 1977, MCR has delivered planning, cost/schedule analysis, acquisition management and program assessment solutions to help government and commercial clients successfully lead their programs. MCR’s 400+ professionals provide critical thinking and integrated solutions to acquisition professionals, helping customers become more efficient and effective in running complex programs.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about a future at MCR and wish to learn more about current opportunities, please visit www.mcri.com.
More searches like this
- Central Government None / Undisclosed Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Consultancy None / Undisclosed Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Defence None / Undisclosed Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Public Sector None / Undisclosed Contract £140,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom