Controller - Security Control Room
Fantastic opportunity to join the Control Room team at a multi-functional site at Somerset House.
You will be required to have first rate customer service skills with experience working in a busy multi-functional control room environment. Applicants with experience in the emergency services, military/police or security sector are welcome.
Your main function is to ensure that the site is both safe and secure at all times:
• Working in a busy multi-functional control centre
• Receiving calls in a customer focused and polite manner
• Communicate with front line staff in a professional manner via radio communication
• Operation of Incident Management systems
• Operation of CCTV and access control systems
• Provide real time control room support to front-line security staff
• Liaison with emergency services
• Update and maintain electronic logs and complete incident / accident reports.
• Incident Management
• Respond to messages via email and direct as appropriate
You are required to have:
- Hold a valid SIA – CCTV licence.
- Hold a valid SIA – DS licence
- Minimum of 1 year experience working within a control room using computer-based CCTV systems.
- Recent experience working within a busy multi-functional control room environment.
- The ability to deal with a large volume of calls/requests whilst maintaining a high level of customer service
- Excellent communication skills
Applicants with experience in the emergency services, military/police or security sector are welcome.
It is a given that you hold a valid CCTV Licence (PSS Licence) & have a sound understanding & knowledge of security techniques as well as the ability to use computer systems in operation within the Control Room. A solid understanding of CCTV systems would be useful as is an excellent telephone manner along with the ability to think independently whilst under pressure.
Experience of working with various alarm systems along with an understanding of how they work would certainly be advantageous.
You will be capable of communicating diplomatically & sometimes discreetly on operational matters with all team members & other personnel involved in security matters & possess the ability to liaise confidently at all levels from employees to company directors.
Main responsibilities will include;
Daily supervision of the security team.
Briefing the security team: events, tasks etc.
Day-to-day employment, welfare and disciplinary matters of the staff.
Maintains a safe operating environment with full regard to Health & Safety responsibilities.
Ensures Control Room is maintained in a state of continual operational readiness.
Keep Control Room and personal appearance up to the established service.
Operating computer in relation to security procedures.
Operating and monitoring CCTV.
Monitoring of various alarm systems and carrying our appropriate procedures.
Ensuring all compliance checks are completed on time, any issues are escalated appropriately.
To remain alert at all times in the maintenance of the Control Rooms integrity and in the protection of its assets.
Initial incident response and management.
Appropriate escalation of any incident. (Emergency Services)
Operate public address, personal call and two-way radio systems as required.
Carry out additional duties as required during emergencies.
Manage site evacuation
Liaise with partners to manage any evacuation.
What are they asking for?
Holder of a SIA – CCTV licence.
Holder of a valid SIA – DS licence
Essential - At least 1 year experience working within a control room using computer-based CCTV systems.
What are they offering?
- £13 per hour
- Hours of Work: 12hr shifts, mixture of day / night. (56 hrs / week)
- 28 days paid holiday.
- Up to 14-days paid sick pay.
- Start date - Monday 5th August 2019
Interviews W/C: Mon 17th June
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Intelligence None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Management / Executive None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Policing None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)