Technical Lead - Java/Python
Technical Lead - Contract - Gloucestershire - Between £400.00 and £550.00 per day
Our client is seeking keen-minded Technical Lead's, responsible for helping to lead the delivery of the next generation of technology to our client.
Technical Leads have a perspective to lead other engineers on problem solving that says no one problem, big or small, is an isolated event, but rather part of a much bigger, more complex system and by joining us you will be responsible for delivering next-generation technology.
- Using your expertise in translating IT requirements into phenomenal design
- Develop, test, debug, verify, integrate and support state of the art software utilising the java language with focus on front-end applications
Things We Expect from You:
- A self-starter and analytical thinker who is thorough with a detailed approach
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Hands on coding experience essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of being a senior/ lead engineer, managing/ leading a small team
- Able to demonstrate strong problem solving
- Have good listening skills and the ability to probe for answers
- Able to demonstrate understanding and draw upon transferable and practical development experiences
- Demonstrate how you take creative approaches to problem solving innovation and issue resolution
- Solid experience with at least Java and/or Python
- Desirable skills including experience/understanding of the Agile Scrum methodology, AIX, Linux, Oracle, WebSphere Broker/MQ, SQL, Shell scripting, Weblogic, BPM
- Strong fundamentals on OOP and C++ SPL and InfoSphere Streams tool use, JMeter Selenium, LoadRunner, Java C++ web accessibility testing SOAP UI XML/XSD JSON
- Degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics or any other closely related field favourable, but not necessary.
- Applicants without degree can still be considered if able to show significant knowledge and experience of programming in Java.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV Cleared or willing to undergo. If you do not hold an active DV Cleared or willing to undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.