Security Analyst - SOC/2nd Line Support
Security Analyst - SOC/2nd Line Support - Contract - Wiltshire - Up to £45.00 per Hour
- When required perform initial triage/identification of 'Events of Interest' using the SOC toolset
- Complete analysis/correlation of 'Events of Interest' to identify incidents
- Ensuring that all events, events of interest, exceptions & incidents are responded to in accordance with established SOC work instructions, including remedial action/recommendations.
- Create and follow Playbooks
- Complete post incident reporting.
- Provide log analysis to support SOC services (including threat hunting)
- Responsible for SOC work instructions, ensuring they are reviewed & amended.
- Maintain currency in security concepts, tools and best practices
- Produce reports (as per templates) & vulnerability/trending analysis as requested by UK SOC Mgr or key stakeholders.
- Present & review reports to internal & external key stakeholders
- Complete tooling configuration changes including but not limited to filters/tuning/dashboards as authorised.
- Carry out minor tool maintenance as directed by SOC lead engineer.
- SIEM - ArcSight Analyst
- In depth knowledge of Intrusion Prevention Systems (Analysis)
- Firewall / CISO ASA
- TCP/IP Fundamentals
- ITIL Fundamentals (or equivalent)
- CompTIA Security (or equivalent)
- CompTIA Network (or equivalent)
- Wireshark Packet Analysis
- SANS SEC401: Security Essentials (or equivalent)
- SANS SEC503: Intrusion Detection in-depth (or equivalent)
- SANS SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling (or equivalent)
- SANS SEC401: Security Essentials
- Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA
- FIAHMG - Fundamentals of Information Assurance in HMG (leading to CCP)
- CREST (Registered Intrusion Analyst) (CRIA)
- SANS SEC501: Advanced Security Essentials
- All Analysts/Engineers from level 2 onwards are expected to be able to present and write professional reports to key.
- All staff are expected to exercise good time management and work as part of a team
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV or willing to undergo. If you do not hold an active DV or willing to undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.