Digital Forensic Specialist
Use appropriate digital forensic techniques to identify and acquire evidence and intelligence held on digital media, devices and within networks as part of criminal investigations.
Maintain the integrity of evidence and findings, document processes and work within defined quality procedures.
Provide tactical advice to reactive and proactive investigations in relation to securing digital evidence.
Provide technical evidence for legal proceedings. Undertake research to develop advanced technical capabilities.
Please review the job description to ensure you meet the essential and desirable criteria before applying.
- Demonstrate experience and proficiency in the use of a wide range of key technologies including advanced data extraction techniques in digital forensics.
- Evidence experience of working within a team structure and working independently, utilising one’s own initiative with discretion and integrity with confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrate experience of critical decision making whilst under pressure and developing digital forensic strategies with a clear articulation of cost / benefit, risks and timescales in response to specific investigative problems.
Personal / Interpersonal Skills, Aptitudes:
- Evidence an ability to communicate technical issues effectively (both written and verbally) to technical and non-technical staff with the ability to pay close attention to detail and construct clear and appropriate recommendations.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with material (including images, videos and written content) of an unpleasant, disturbing and/or graphic nature, and the ability to produce detailed and comprehensive reports of the contents of such material.
- Be able to apply methodical and creative approaches to problem solving and evaluate, prioritise and respond to changing operational situations with the ability to rapidly absorb new technical information.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a forensic environment that adheres to ISO 17020 and 17025, working to technical and quality management procedures, including performing roles or functions which are essential for the maintenance of accreditation such as Technical Manager, Auditor or Assessor.
- Demonstrate experience of designing and conducting research in relation to key technical issues or concepts and a commitment to continued professional development and advancing capability in respect of digital forensics and technology.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have permanent use of a private motor vehicle, covered by business insurance, to travel to different locations, claiming mileage expenses as a ‘casual user’. (Reasonable adjustments will be considered under the Equality Act 2010).
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working, with a willingness to react to duty changes at short notice and provide occasional out of hours support to meet operational needs.
Desirable Criteria Where available, elements that contribute to improved / immediate performance in the job.
- Educated to post-graduate level in a digital forensic, computer science, or technical discipline or be able to demonstrate equivalent work experience at this level.
- Certified in the use of one or more digital forensic techniques or software applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge and the practical application of relevant legislation such as Computer Misuse Act, Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act, Police and Criminal Evidence Act, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act.
- Evidence experience of collecting and analysing large digital data sets to provide meaningful insights to investigators.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in one or more key technologies such as coding / scripting, database software and technology, computer and mobile operating systems, cloud services, or servers and networks.
- Show a good understanding and practical application of NPCC / ACPO principles of digital evidence.
Personal / Interpersonal Skills, Aptitudes:
- Demonstrate experience of creating and delivering presentations to varied audiences to convey technical concepts and findings.
- Evidence experience of preparing and presenting evidence in legal proceedings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of covert policing techniques in a technical environment.
Closing date 28th of May at 23:55.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security SC Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Nottingham
- Defence SC Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Nottingham
- Digital Forensics SC Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Nottingham
- Information Technology SC Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Nottingham
- Intelligence SC Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Nottingham