Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of 3 Investigating Officers to work for a police force in the Surrey area in the Safeguarding Investigation Unit.
To work as part of the SIU team undertaking necessary enquiries including, but not limited to, statement taking, exhibit handling, witness and victim contact and undertaking prisoner processing through interview and initial file preparation and submission.
- To prepare court files in respect of early first hearings (expedited files) and early administrative hearings (remand files) and to prepare internal files in respect of those offenders suitable for caution, reprimand or final warning.
- To maintain a workload of risk assessed Domestic Abuse and Vulnerable Adult cases.
- Where appropriate, complete house-to-house enquiries, property related enquiries and the taking of fingerprints for elimination purposes
- To secure and preserve the continuity of evidence and exhibits. To ensure that evidence is gathered and complies with PACE and force procedures.
- To process and document prisoners, where appropriate and in accordance with the legislation on consent of the detainees, secure DNA samples, record and transmit fingerprints, and photograph.
- To actively seek intelligence through interview technique in support of operational proactivity in the identification and targeting of known offenders or crime trends.
- A working knowledge of criminal law and of the criminal justice system.
- Proven experience in investigation matters and of conducting interviews to a high standard – preferably within Domestic Abuse or Safeguarding.
- Experience in taking victim and witness statements
- PIP Level 1 or 2 trained.
- A full and valid driving licence for motor cars.
Pay Rate Per Hour: £14.01 PAYE - £17.26 UMBRELLA
Contract Length: 6 Months Initially