Police Staff Investigator
Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of 3 Police Staff Investigators to work for a police force in the Merseyside area.
To assist with Level 2 and 3 investigations proportionally by obtaining evidence from a number of internal / external sources including searching and interrogating Force systems, obtaining and reviewing CCTV and Telecoms data and interviewing and obtaining accounts from victims, witnesses or suspects. To provide support to the Major Crime Unit in relation to homicide investigations.
Essential / Desirable criteria:
· To be P.I.P 1 essential and P.I.P 2 preferable (or equivalent experience)
· PEACE trained in order to conduct quality interviews if required.
· Knowledge of Merseyside Force systems including Niche and Storm is desirable.
· The post holder must have a thorough knowledge of the law, policy and procedures to effectively carry out their role to reflect the professionalism of the individual and the organisation. Knowledge and understanding of National File standards in order to prepare case files.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas and information effectively, both verbally and in writing, using language and a style of communication that is appropriate to the situation and the people being addressed.
· Must be able to write and produce comprehensive letters and reports to a high standard use of language, comprehension, grammar and punctuation are essential.
· Self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to work co-operatively within a team, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of the team and organisational objectives with the minimum of supervision.
PAY RATE: 13.67 Per Hour PAYE - £16.83 UMBRELLA
Contract Length: 3 Months Initially
Location: Speke, Liverpool