Professional Standards Crime & Misconduct Investigator
Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of a Professional Standards Crime & Misconduct Investigator to work for a Police Force in Sussex on a temporary contract basis.
To investigate internal conduct, public complaint and allegations of criminal behaviour against Force Police Officers and Staff.
- To undertake investigations into allegations against officers and staff as result of complaint, internal misconduct or on duty criminality. In doing so ensuring compliance with Regulations / Employment Law / IPCC Guidance / Home Office Requirements / Local & National Policy and Guidance.
- Conducting and setting the direction for investigations by gathering evidence within the agreed investigative timeframe, analysing and evaluating the information.
- To prepare for and undertake formal investigative interviews of officers & staff subject of investigation in compliance with the provisions of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, local and national policies & Guidance, Regulations and Employment Law preparing and delivering relevant disclosure material during the process as necessary and required.
- Preparing evidential files for Court and misconduct proceedings, including the gathering and assessment of unused material in compliance with Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996.
- Presenting the evidential case regarding staff misconduct at misconduct proceedings (investigation meetings and hearings).
- A good knowledge of crime policies and procedures relating to criminal investigation and particularly the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and the Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996.
- PEACE interview trained, or willing to undertake this training in order to become proficient.
- Previous experience of criminal investigations.
- Disclosure trained.
Location: Lewes, Sussex
Pay Rate: £18.47 PAYE - £22.95 UMBRELLA
Contract Length: 3 Months Initially
Working Hours: 37 Hours on a 24 Hour 7 Day a week shift pattern. Hours in excess of 37 will give an entitlement to overtime of time off in lieu.