VMWare System Administrator
1.Operate and maintain various reference environments used by the IV&V Service Line and its customers by:
- Operate and maintain VMware based datacentre reference environment for optimal processing, memory and storage performance,
- provide and configure VM's running the required operating systems defined by the scheduled test events; such as the currently supported Microsoft OSs, Unix, Linux and Oracle versions,
- Ensure all provisioned VMware based data centres and their VM’s running various operating systems are patched at the approved levels at all times,
- Perform the necessary backup and restore activities for the datacentres and their operational VM’s
- Operating and maintaining test management tools used in conjunction with the reference environment,
- Ensure proper change and configuration management practices are put in placefor these environments,
- Ensure that the reference environments adequately replicate the production environments to make certain that test activities are conducted in a production like certifieable environment,
- Provide monthly management reports regarding the status and availability of the reference environments;
2. Perform tests in support of projects, exercises and interoperability events by:
- Review test plans and test cases,
- Supporting project and event stakeholders in the preparation leading up to a test event,
- Participating in unit, system and integration testing with design and build teams when necessary.
- Filling the role of --IV&V Engineer in projects and other events,
- Producing test reports,
- Assisting NATO Quality Assurance Representatives in the production of Quality Assurance reports.
- 5+ years of experience with VMware technologies as a system administrator,
- 5+ years of systems administration experience in Microsoft and Linux based Operating systems and environments
- 3+ years of experience with WSUS, SCCM, McAfee ePO from an infrastructure automation perspective
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows based deployments and cloud infrastructures.
- 3+ years of experience with system administration of Microsoft Active Directory
- Deep understanding of and experience with DNS, NTP, DHCP and related technologies
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and individually on own initiative
- High competency of spoken and written English