MASS are looking to welcome an experienced electronic technician to our small team providing in-hangar depth support to the NATO Joint Electronic Warfare Core Staff (NATO JEWCS) fleet of Electronic Warfare training assets.
The successful applicant would be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Provide Depth (Level 2 / 3) scheduled and unscheduled maintenance support in order to ensure that Maritime Electronic Warfare training assets are available to meet the JEWCS exercise programme.
- Deputise for the Principal Electronic Systems Technician as and when required.
- Occasionally deploy to exercise locations or NATO platforms to support trials and evaluation of the operation and effectiveness of JEWCS EW training assets.
Qualifications / Skill Requirements
- Educated to Level 3 / 4 in an engineering related subject and / or Professional Registration as an Engineering Technician (EngTech), or equivalent.
- The individual must have a minimum of 5-years of experience in the maintenance of radar, communications or electronic warfare systems including a high degree of competency in working with RF sub-systems and associated test equipment (VNA, Spectrum Analyser, Power Meter, Frequency Counter and Synthesiser). The role requires the ability to identify and rectify faults down to component level.
The successful applicant would be expected to perform non-routine duties and be generally required to work with minimal supervision. They must be a mature and experienced technician capable of working independently; using professional judgement, technical knowledge, experience, and understanding of the needs of the organisation to select the best solutions to overcome software / hardware problems and implement changes in accordance with customer requirements.
The successful applicant would be a well-motivated, pro-active individual with good communication and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will be required to hold, or be in a position to qualify for NATO Secret (NS) Security Clearance.
Benefits will include:
- 25 Days Holiday
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Company Benefits Portal
- Share Save Scheme
Mass is an equal opportunities employer.