Windows Infrastructure Team Leader
A technically capable Windows Operating System engineer able to support manage and administer Windows servers in a high secure environment in conjunction with team management.
Areas of Responsibility
- Technical input and ownership of changes to the Windows platforms.
- Deep integration working within cross technology teams.
- Follow (and provide input to) strict high assurance procedures.
- Coordinate existing team of Windows engineers, reporting direct to delivery manager.
- Manage and administrate the Windows component on a number of separate systems which range from Server 2008 to Server 2016 at present.
- Plan and lead project deployments to systems, utilising virtuality and enterprise business continuity systems.
- Compliance with version control procedures in order to deploy system changes. Produce and update documentation that can vary from high-level tick lists to deep technical build and install instructions and records. Attend and contribute to meetings that approve system changes to operational and development platforms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve reported helpdesk issues.
- Management of tasking within existing team as directed.
- Perform annual performance reviews of team members.
- In depth knowledge and experience of deploying, upgrading and updating Windows systems.
- In depth knowledge of virtualisation on Windows platforms (especially VMWare(ESX).
- Deep architectural knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, including Active Directory, DFS, Internet Protocol, software deployment via Group Policy, WSUS SAN, Fibre Channel + iSCSI.
- Understanding of integration challenges and solutions between Windows and non-Windows platforms (primarily Solaris).
- Understanding of PUPPET and/or other system configuration management toolsets.
- Understanding of Enterprise Storage solutions. In particular HPE 3PAR,
- Understanding of the HPE Hardware platforms.
- Understanding of MoD Procurement process for Hardware, Licensing and Software.
- Proven team leadership skills
- Will be working as team lead within a technical cross technology team
- Appreciation, acceptance and adherence to the constraints of working on highly classified defence platforms.
DV security clearance is required. The role is based in Wiltshire, but will involve travel both within and outside of UK.
Benefits will include:
- 25 Days Holiday
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Company Benefits Portal
- Share Save Scheme
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.