Operational Accounting Controller
Prestwick, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- In the Consignment Material Process Owner role, you will be responsible for the Implementation of two new process solutions at the Prestwick site (a short-term solution and a long-term solution), interacting with internal functions of the business and the global consignment team to develop a sustainable process. You will develop a framework in which this process can be maintained, whilst satisfying operational and reporting requirements.
- Site project lead for implementation of short term solution and responsible for developing long term sustainable process alongside global team
- Own regular report out updates as key contact person to global consignment team
- Coordinate with cross functional stakeholders to ensure effectiveness of solution implemented
- Maintain accuracy of process through troubleshooting, whilst simplifying through future changes.
- Responsible for reconciling and agreeing the consolidated GEES Cal inventory balance and monitoring age profile of consigned material held in WIP and stockroom
- Lead quarterly forecast of inventory and WIP, quantifying entitlement and managing variances against plan
- Responsible for monthly close reporting.
- Qualified Accountant
- Relevant SAP experience
- High level of personal integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issuesApplications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Project management experience.
- Experience of working with cross functional teams
- Solid track record of delivering results.
- Six Sigma / Lean training