Consultant - Change Management
At Atkins we offer structured stakeholder engagement and communication solutions to support complex change initiatives that enable on-going strategic focus and programme management for our clients. We create value for our clients through capitalising on insights gained from a breadth of stakeholders, allowing problems to be solved and outcomes to be reached. Our engagement solutions are designed to help organisations address external and internal pressures to achieve programme benefits and to contribute to the management of corporate risk. A significant part of the complexity faced by our clients is driven by more individuals and organisations claiming their right to be informed of, consulted on, involved in and accepting of decision-making.
Our consulting services are provided across the entire lifecycle of business change from conducting strategic reviews, to facilitating the embedding and adoption of new ways of working. Our stakeholder engagement and communication capabilities include supporting and enabling technical, process, cultural and organisational change for our clients across sectors as diverse as transport, energy, water, security, retail, local and central government. We often work alongside our colleagues in the other parts of the Atkins business world-wide.
Our Business Consultancy practice promotes an innovative and collaborative culture where we seek to develop new ideas and solutions to our client’s current challenges, as well as helping them navigate their businesses through the opportunities that the future will offer.
The Consultant role
Helping our clients change their businesses in response to internal and external influences and opportunities is a core capability with our Business Consulting Practice. The focus of the Consultant role is to help our clients through the full business change life-cycle using the most effective and efficient methods available. Often, our consultants are involved early in the lifecycle helping to shape the client’s objectives before starting to develop the overall change strategy and plan.
The majority of the work will be for our public sector clients, Aerospace, Defence and Security with opportunities elsewhere for you to expand into other sectors over time. Projects will be UK-wide and therefore some travel is to be expected for some assignments.
You will be given significant responsibility for client-facing work from day one. All our Consultants are expected to have regular interactions with clients and to support senior colleagues in delivering specific project outputs. Consultants are also expected to make a contribution to business development. This may include being part of a bid team as well as developing new business propositions for existing clients or researching potential new markets. More specifically, we will ask you to contribute to 4 dimensions of our business:
• Support Consultants in their day-to-day interactions with clients
• Engage with our clients and/or representatives to provide day-to-day advice as required
• Work within a multi-disciplinary team, either on client site or in the office
• Facilitate workshops to develop inputs to your analysis and to share emerging ideas or final conclusions
• Manage the delivery of specified project outputs
• Support the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data in order to draw conclusions and develop recommendations to our clients
• Support the preparation of reports and presentations to clients and other senior stakeholders
Team / service line development
• Support the development of stakeholder engagement and communication tools, techniques and methodologies that can be shared to build the skills of colleagues within the Business Consulting service
• Support and contribute to the sale of stakeholder engagement and communication consulting service – including bid development and supporting sales presentations to clients
• Support the development and delivery of marketing campaigns for stakeholder engagement and communication consulting services
We ask that you demonstrate the capability and experience of stakeholder engagement and communication service delivery across the 4 dimensions:
• You build good and lasting relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment
• You are able to gain client trust and identify opportunities for adding further value to the client relationship
• You maintain a flexible attitude to working in a multi-disciplinary environment
• You have a Degree or equivalent qualification
• You have experience in providing stakeholder engagement and communication services
• You have developed and have experience of applying a variety of stakeholder engagement and communication capabilities and techniques to suit different business situations. These might include organisational development, culture change, IT-enabled change, coaching and/or mentoring; training development and delivery
Team/ service line development
• You are an excellent team player with the ability to communicate and engage at all levels with a variety of stakeholders
• You can demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues
• You are proactive in you approach to work and enjoy working with a variety of people as well as being comfortable with progressing work independently
• You have experience supporting or contributing to the sale of management consulting work – including bid development and presentation delivery
• You have supported the development and delivery of marketing campaigns or promotional events for consulting services
You are required to be flexible in terms of work location and travel. If deployed at client site you should be geographically mobile and be prepared to work on-site anywhere in the UK.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance..