We are looking to hire talented people with a track record of delivery. You may have started your career at another consultancy and are looking to move somewhere with a different approach more tailored to client need. Alternatively, you may have successfully delivered from within a company and now feel ready to expand your own skills and work in a more project based way to advise others.
As part of the S&T team you will be supporting real clients facing real challenges and provide strategic thinking and innovative solution development from problem concept through to delivery by:
• Working with clients to set and realise strategies for change
• Working with central government clients to transform services for citizens and local authorities
• Reviewing existing feasibility studies, masterplans and risk assessments to make robust and clear proposals and business cases that will challenge and validate realisation of benefits
• Designing and creating programmes to support major transformations to ways of operating e.g. across staff and locations
• Using analysis, modelling and technology to support decision making to meet the challenges of increased competition and expectations e.g. increasing student retention or supporting a major new investment
• Utilising innovative technology, structures, systems and people change to design and deliver objectives efficiently
We are looking to grow our team and are looking for people across two main roles:
• Consultant level - ideal for those at the early stage of their career, technical, academically qualified applicants who are keen to pursue a career in Business Consulting and for those who are looking to transfer their previous experience into a consultancy environment
• Senior Consultant level - for those with existing Business Consulting experience and for those who are looking to transfer significant previous experience into a consultancy environment
The successful candidate will be given significant responsibility for client-facing work from day one. All our consultants are expected to have regular interactions with clients, to lead work-streams or projects, and to support senior colleagues in delivering specific project outputs. We therefore ask that you demonstrate capability and experience of Business Consulting delivery and / or have the potential to do so across four dimensions:
• You build trusted and lasting relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment
• You have relevant sector experience – e.g. central government, defence, education, transport
• You have at least a degree or equivalent qualification and may hold, or be working towards, a professional qualification
• You have strong written communication skills and the ability to write documents which are compelling, engaging and unambiguous
• You demonstrate high level of problem-solving ability in relation to technically complex or conceptually abstract ideas
• You present complex solutions and concepts effectively and make persuasive cases based on analysis
• You have a variety of consulting capabilities and techniques to suit different situations. These might include strategy development, research, analysis, organisational development, culture change, IT-enabled change, business process analysis, change impact assessment, coaching and/or mentoring; training development and delivery
Practice and service development
• You are an excellent team player with the ability to communicate and engage at all levels with a variety of stakeholders
• You can demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues
• You are proactive in your approach to work and enjoy working with a variety of people as well as being comfortable with progressing work independently
• You either have experience or potential to support or contribute to the sale of Business Consulting work – including bid development and presentation delivery
• You have strong commercial acumen and are comfortable with managing bids and end to end assignment financial management
Additionally, you will display the following characteristics;
• A passion for developing technically, professionally and behaviourally
• A collaborative team-player who delivers great results and operates to high behavioural standards and business ethics
• An ability to deal with competing tasks and operate successfully even when under pressure
• A strong emotional intelligence and the ability to flex your style to suit different stakeholders, and is confident and self-assured in putting forward your views and able to hold your own with senior stakeholders
Why work for Atkins?
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience and learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
You are required to be flexible in terms of work location and travel. If deployed at client site you should be geographically mobile and be prepared to work on-site anywhere in the UK.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.