Consultant Project Manager
Ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
One of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, we’re driven to ask ‘why’ and make the world a better place – today and tomorrow. Our award-winning consultants take a hands-on role, providing independent advice to make sure a variety of innovative solutions deliver real business benefits.
At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities, from the projects you’ll work on to the wide variety of career paths you can pursue. You will take responsibility for assignments, helping all kinds of public, private and security clients transform their business. Our learning and development support will help you develop the industry skills that our clients seek and value.
We are looking to attract experienced candidates with a proven delivery and consulting background with an emphasis on Project Management within investment portfolios delivering IT enabled business change and business improvement.
The successful candidate will have been engaged in client-side delivery management and consulting roles for various aspects of the business lifecycle, with at least 2 years work experience gained in either a private or public-sector organisation or consultancy.
We have Project Manager positions available within Atkins ADS&T as part of the continued growth of our P3M Delivery Service. The roles are suitable for candidates who have a background in either Agile Project Management, or more traditional waterfall experience. Working from within our P3M Delivery Practice, you will primarily work as a client facing member of a project team, leading your own work package(s) or Agile Delivery Teams.
Consultants are also expected to make a contribution to Practice and Business development. This may include being part of a bid team as well as developing new business propositions for existing clients or researching potential new markets
You will be representing Atkins to our clients, so it is key that our values and ways of working are demonstrated within the role:
- Teamwork – Ability to work cooperatively with others and provide help where required
- Communication – High emotional intelligence - listens and questions effectively, concise verbal and written communication skills and effective questioning/listening skills. Able to communicate with confidence at higher and lower levels
- Flexibility to adapt from providing advice on improving client’s delivery to ‘rolling up your sleeves’ to assist clients in delivering key projects and work packages in their portfolio.
- Customer Focus – Delivers a high level of customer service to our external and internal customers
- Achievement – Looks to exceed client aspirations and works to goals and manages obstacles. Energy, pride and determination in meeting targets and overcoming challenges
- Initiative – Ability to analyse data and situations, break down work into key tasks and activities
- Development – Wants to continually develop new skills and undertake personal training and CPD
- Collegiate – Manage client demands whilst contributing to the development of the P3M Delivery Practice
- Ethics and integrity – uphold Atkins high professional standards at all times
- Advocacy – be an ambassador for our wider business at all times
A working knowledge and demonstrable experience in all or some of the following areas:
- Problem identification, report writing, recommending actions and building relationships with immediate contacts
- Proven track record with at least 2 years experience of delivery management, or PMO experience.
- Recognised Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, APM, MoR, MSP)
- Planning, monitoring and reporting, with P6, Microsoft Project or JIRA experience desirable
- Issue and Risk management
- Awareness of Change Management and Processes.
- Working knowledge of financial processes and ability to report financial data would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile delivery approaches including DSDM and SCRUM, but also Agile at scale using methodologies such as SaFE is highly desirable
- Commercially astute, able to effectively manage assignments on time, on budget. It is desirable if you have experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers
- Experience in working in the defence or security sector is highly desirable.
- Additional Requirements
- UK Mobile, whilst operating from a base Office in either Bristol or Cheltenham.
- Prepared if required to undergo security clearance for working at clients in the UK Public sector
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.