Senior Assistant (Configuration Management)
•Proven competences and experience on SACM.
• Proven competences and experience on Release and Change Management & Coordination.
• Previous experience of working with an enterprise-level ITSM tool.
• Proven experience on software licenses management.
- Manage all configuration management activities in the CSU; Identify, classify and specify configuration items (Cls);
- Updates the Configuration Management Database with accurate and current data; Assists in release and deployment tasks ensuring integration with operational baseline;
- Manages CSU Def Media Library;
- Manages CSU Licenses;
- Coordinates with CSU Change Management on matters of software licensing, change proposals and approvals, software releases/updates ;
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
• You will be responsible for coordinating, analyzing, documenting and reporting on asset and configuration management to ensure that service assets and configuration items are managed effectively.
• Maintains Asset and Configuration Item (CI) relationship mapping, and performs audits to ensure accuracy.
• You will document in Visio, Excel and SharePoint all CI,s and the relationship between them.
• The role will also be responsible for providing cover for Software Licensing activities to ensure compliance with software license standards and policies.
• Ensures all changes for Release and Change activities are documented.
• Manage changes to CI data through a controlled process
• Provide education, guidance and support to help the adoption of and adherence to Configuration, Asset Management and Software Licensing processes.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of suppliers e.g. contractual obligations, key contacts o Document communications, actions, decisions from interactions with suppliers.Knowledge & Education:
•Knowledge of version control and Application Life Cycle Management.
•ITIL Foundation and Service Transition
•Understand VMware virtualization, architectures, networking and design.
•Understand networking and data processing in complex IT systems, and how each asset interacts with the rest.
•Advanced MS Excel, MS Visio and Sharepoint skills
•Have a very good general knowledge of IT hardware and software.
•Good written and verbal communication skills.
•A higher level technical education in a relevant discipline, complemented with training in database administration, or equivalent through extensive professional experience.
•At least 5 years recent experience with database administration activities in a large scale ICT service-oriented environment.
•Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities to analyze database related problems and ability to think beyond the database space.
•Knowledge of current Windows and Unix operating systems.
•A good awareness of access security and knowledge on security policies implementation.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Spain
- Aerospace NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Spain
- Central Government NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Spain
- Consultancy NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Spain
- Cyber Security NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Spain