Materials Operations Support
Cardiff, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- There are currently 5 vacancies across various product lines. Each position will be part of the Sourcing and Materials Team and aligned to an engine product line. The key responsibilities will be to support the Vendor managers in their functions of material/vendor management activities including inventory control, procurement and the on-time delivery of a wide range of technical materials from both Vendor and OEM's.
- To procure material on time to ensure production flow is maintained at all times
- To undertake vendor management activities and procedures to ensure that the department has the necessary inventory to meet the production schedule under the direction of the team leader
- To monitor suppliers' delivery and quality performance to achieve predetermined targets, and where necessary drive creative performance improvement initiatives
- To liaise with internal contacts within the department to ensure effective processes are used, using knowledge gained to ensure a first-class service is provided by suppliers / vendors and OEMs
- To monitor vendor performance, turnaround times and paper work issues.
- To undertake expediting new, used, and repaired parts to ensure production priorities are met.
- Raising Purchase orders of multiple engine parts to meet production priorities.
- Bill of materials management.
- Liaising with internal management to raise critical items
- Previous Materials or customer facing experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player with flexible approach
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Responsible / self-motivated person, willing to make decisions
- Ability to work in a well-organized and structured manner
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and agreed schedulesApplications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency: website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Previous experience with SAP
- Previous experience / interaction with suppliers / vendorsPlease note, there are 2 strong candidates identified, however, qualified candidates are still encouraged to post.