G4 Policy and Employee Relations Senior Officer
This role provides a varied opportunity to work across the teams portfolio in HR Policy, Employee Relations and other priority projects. You will need to build relationships key stakeholders and with other teams in HR whose areas link to yours.
The HR Policy and Reward Team is responsible for HR Policy, Employee Relations, Pay Reform, Reward and Diversity & Inclusion.
• Working with colleagues on HR policy development, planning, performance, service delivery and governance.
• Contributing to the design and offering ideas in relation to reform, including simplifying and improving HR policies.
• Maintaining existing HR policies and procedures, amending through the Policy Coordination process as necessary.
• Handling HR policy queries effectively, and within agreed response times.
• Working collaboratively with key stakeholders including Civil Service Employee Policy, HR Business Partners, HR Operations and the wider agency.
• Build and develop an effective and collaborative relationship with the Trades Unions (TU's).
• Manage the day-to-day employee relations activity, following up on actions arising from TU meetings and correspondence.
In addition, you will be required to:
• Undertake other HR Policy & Reward roles and projects as required, ensuring work is completed within agreed timescales and budgets.
• Ensure continuous improvement in service standards and delivery.
•Demonstrable HR experience with a strong HR policy focus.
•Experience and ability to interpret and provide advice on employment legislation, Civil Service Codes, standards, terms & conditions and working practices.
•Knowledge of equality legislation.
•Good organisational skills.
•Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the confidence and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff at all grades.
•Good drafting skills
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- National Insurance Number - Required for monitoring purposes only
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check
Security Check and Role Requirements
To be considered for this vacancy, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role and for specified roles DV clearance within the first 12 months as part of your probation period.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
To meet National Security Vetting requirements you will need to have resided in the UK for at a minimum 3 out of the past 5 years for SC clearance and a minimum of 7 out of 10 years for DV clearance. You will still be considered if you were posted abroad as part of your service with the HMG or armed forces or a UK government role during this period.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Consultancy None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Human Resources None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Intelligence None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Legal None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)