G3 Manager, Case Administration Bureau, Professional Standards Unit, Investigations Command
Leading a team responsible for the reception, triage and assessment of public complaints, conduct matters and deaths and serious injuries.
• Manage change activity and communicate proposed changes with staff and stakeholders.
• Set and monitor operational performance and ensure that all operations and projects align with strategic objectives, comply with relevant control strategies and oversee the update of risk registers.
• Provide operational support, advice and guidance to managers and staff on professional standards matters.
• To Build good working relationships with both internal and external partners including other law enforcement agencies.
The additional key responsibilities of the CAB Manager, Professional Standards Unit, Investigations role are:
• Promote professional standards and provide advice on public complaints, criminal and misconduct allegations that impact on organisational delivery or the Agency’s reputation.
• Manage the reception, triage and assessment of public complaints, reports of misconduct and deaths and serious injury.
• Ensure that decision making is accurately recorded in all cases in line with the National Decision Making Model.
• Maintain effective working relationships with oversight bodies such as PIRC, PONI and the IOPC.
• Provide advice on legislation, policy, tactical options and evidential opportunities to assist in the planning of internal investigations.
Individuals will have the below knowledge and experience:
• An in-depth knowledge and use of relevant legislation (UK and international law) affecting operational agency activity
• Proven experience of successfully leading a team to deliver against operational objectives and performance
• Experience in effective operational or investigative decision making with accountability for decisions made
• PIP2 Supervisor or equivalent level experience
• Lead Officer trained or equivalent
• PIP2 or equivalent level experience (will be assessed from CV)
For those who hold the relevant qualification(s) and are relying on them for their evidence of the essential criteria, please ensure you email scanned copies of all required qualifications (making sure they are clear) to email@example.com as soon as you submit your application. Please note, any qualifications/proof of accreditations received 24 hours after the closing date will not be accepted. Any other documents received (e.g covering letters, CV’s,etc) will also not be considered.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
- Developing Self and Others
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- National Insurance Number - Required for monitoring purposes only
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check
Security Check and Role Requirements
To be considered for this vacancy, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role and for specified roles DV clearance within the first 12 months as part of your probation period.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
To meet National Security Vetting requirements you will need to have resided in the UK for at a minimum 3 out of the past 5 years for SC clearance and a minimum of 7 out of 10 years for DV clearance. You will still be considered if you were posted abroad as part of your service with the HMG or armed forces or a UK government role during this period.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Intelligence None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Legal None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Management / Executive None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Policing None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)