Health & Safety Officer
To deliver an enabling health and safety service across the NCA as part of a team, promoting compliance with H&S law and best practice whilst supporting business area objectives in protecting the public.
• To continuously improve a positive health and safety culture in the NCA by working with Officers at all levels to control hazards through development and promotion of robust systems incorporating a sensible risk management approach.
• Coach and support Senior Leaders, Managers and Officers providing advice and guidance on health and safety issues arising from work activities across the NCA including operational activity.
• Support various forums and specialist working groups to provide H&S advice, guidance and support.
• Plan, design and deliver training products in all aspects of H&S management .
• Carry out proactive monitoring of the H&S management systems, including audits and inspections, providing reports and communicating key learning points.
• Lead and support the development, review and implementation of H&S policy operating procedures and safe systems, utilising the latest H&S innovation and legislation.
• Assist in the research, development, collation, co-ordination and dissemination of management information including reports, briefings, business plans, risk registers, presentations and web based communications as appropriate.
• Complete and assist line managers with incident investigations liaising with external enforcement bodies where relevant.
• Manage and direct resources to ensure work is completed within agreed timescales/financial constraints and quality standards, in line with Agency policy.
• Supervise the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information, maintaining confidentiality, sensitivity and a duty of care in line with Agency policy.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to foster collaborative working.
All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum
You will be required to provide evidence of the following in your application:
• Communicating and influencing
• Working together
• Changing and Improving
• Managing a quality service
• Making Effective Decisions
• Knowledge of the practical application of Health & Safety Legislation.
• Experience of planning / project work and working to tight deadlines.
• NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent.
• Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- National Insurance Number - Required for monitoring purposes only
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check
Security Check and Role Requirements
To be considered for this vacancy, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role and for specified roles DV clearance within the first 12 months as part of your probation period.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
To meet National Security Vetting requirements you will need to have resided in the UK for at a minimum 3 out of the past 5 years for SC clearance and a minimum of 7 out of 10 years for DV clearance. You will still be considered if you were posted abroad as part of your service with the HMG or armed forces or a UK government role during this period.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Warrington
- Consultancy None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Warrington
- Human Resources None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Warrington
- Intelligence None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Warrington
- Legal None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Warrington