We are currently seeking to recruit a R&D Technician within Engineering who would be responsible for building, wiring and testing jigs and test fixtures.
The role will involve:
* Selecting & ordering electrical, electronic & mechanical components for test fixtures & manufacturing jigs.
* Building electrical / electronic circuits from schematic diagrams.
* Wiring of cables, harnesses and fixtures.
* Testing the cables & circuits that have been built.
* Mechanical assembly of enclosures & jigs, using hand tools & small machine tools.
* Maintaining & repairing existing test fixtures & jigs as required.
* Documenting all work using MS Office & where applicable CAD systems.
* Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
* Ability to identify and resolve technical, operational and organisational problems.
* Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications
* A willingness to work on partially completed projects as they are developed.
* Recognised qualification in electrical or electronic engineering, including successful apprenticeship completion.
It would be desirable to have:
* One year's hands on experience within an R&D environment, or 2 years' experience within a technical production environment.
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted I will be in touch shortly.
If you need any further information drop me (Tom) an email at