Bristol, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- To support the electronics department in design, build and delivery of electronic systems that enable OCR to be "a leading provider of engineered solutions that exceed our customers' requirements"
- Take on tasks as allocated by the electronics Lead and other members of the electronics team.
- Support the design, development, implementation and maintain electronic and electrical sub-assemblies to control snake-arm robots, industrial robots, tools and sensors.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain electronic systems to operate test rigs and other hardware.
- Maintain the quality of electronic systems by testing, identifying and fixing of issues
- Develop Printed Circuit Assemblies (PCAs) for use within highly integrated electro-mechanical devices. This covers all aspects of design, including concept, circuit design, and PCB layout, prototype, testing, managing the manufacturing process, and commissioning
- Write, test and deploy embedded software which allows control of electronic systems via firmware development
- Take ownership for delivery of electronic systems and tasks
- Support system integration of 3rd Party tools
- Diagnose and solve complex electro-mechanical problems
- Effectively communicate Work Order progress with project lead and work order lead as necessary
- Continually and effectively communicate to all members of the electronics team to maintain team cohesion
- Support other teams in their work as required
- Help with informal training and guidance of more junior staff
- Take initiative to help the Head of Electronics meet the demands of the department
- And other duties as may reasonably be required, consistent with the post and company needs
- Good degree (or equivalent level) in a rigorous engineering, scientific, or mathematical subject
- Good mathematical ability
- Experience of delivering design for manufacture product solutions
- Ability to provide 'best in class' technical solutions to complex technical problems
- Good problem solving skills
- Good diagnostic skills of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Good communication skillsApplications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Positive, self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to apply initiative
- Experience of working in a high-tech engineering company
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Some experience in:
- Control theory and gain setting
- Good programming for embedded systems, particularly in C and C++.
- PCB design, testing and diagnosisNot Essential but good to have:
- Familiarity with the implementation of standards applicable to complex electro-mechanical systems; for example:
- Experience of taking a technical product to market
- complying to the EMC directive and LVD directives
- Ability to support established office based IT infrastructure including SBS