We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work as DSP-FPGA developers in one of our software defined radio development teams. Defence industry experience is preferable but most of all we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals with a strong academic background and the ability to learn quickly.
We have a range of roles available, from graduate entry through to experienced team leads. We are interested in hearing from anyone who can make a strong contribution to our work.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop state-of-the-art FPGA cores for one of our software defined radio (SDR) solutions.
- Work with bright, enthusiastic and committed people in one of our small client-focussed engineering teams.
- Scope, plan and be responsible for delivering work to agreed timescales.
- Be involved in customer-facing delivery, sometimes to challenging deadlines.
- Develop innovative solutions.
- Have a strong interest in expanding technical knowledge both in areas of core expertise and more generally.
- Highly motivated with a strong academic background in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics from a top tier university (typically 2:1 or 1st), as well as strong A Levels (typically AA in Maths and Physics).
- Broad interest in wireless technology and awareness of latest industry developments.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent team working abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- 1+ year experience of FPGA development (eg VHDL).
- Understanding of radio communications
- Understanding of digital signal processing
- Range of other development skills, including one or more of the following: embedded software (C), C++, Java, JSP.
- Understanding of digital and/or analogue hardware design with some hands-on laboratory experience of debug/set-to-work.
- Proven record of successful project delivery.
- An SC level security clearance is required for this role, and candidates should already have, or be capable of obtaining UK SC clearance.