Physical Security Adviser
Job Title: Physical Security Adviser
Salary: circa £56,000 per annum
Salary Band: A2
Contract Type: Fixed term for 24 months with the possibility of extension/permanency
Number of Posts: 1
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: Full time, 36 hours per week
Closing date: 31 March 2019 at 23.55
The role of the Security Projects team within PSD includes: acting as the customer for all projects with any security benefits being pursued by Parliament; conducting physical security assessments and drawing up security operational requirements; supporting wider projects and programmes (including the Restoration and Renewal, and Northern Estate programmes), ensuring that security aspects are addressed and given due weight; developing, maintaining, advising upon and applying Parliament’s physical security standards; acting as Parliament’s principal contact on physical security matters with CPNI and the Metropolitan Police; and ensuring that advisory and governance bodies and wider users of the Parliamentary estate are consulted and communicated with on the progress of physical security changes.
The Physical Security Adviser will play an integral part in ensuring that these projects realise their objectives.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Security Experience - significant experience of assessing physical security vulnerabilities and making recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Influencing and negotiating - excellent interpersonal skills including: experience of influencing and persuading people at all levels.
- Working in a project/programme environment - experience of contributing in a timely way to achieving project or programme benefits, working in a collaborative, positive and supportive way to overcome obstacles.
Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
Civil Service Pension scheme
Interest-free season ticket loan
Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description
More searches like this
- Central Government None / Undisclosed Contract £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Policing None / Undisclosed Contract £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Public Sector None / Undisclosed Contract £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Security None / Undisclosed Contract £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)