Metallurgist / Materials Engineer
RINA are looking for highly knowledgeable Materials Engineer or Metallurgist to join our Materials Technology & Innovation business unit based in Leatherhead. Our exciting opportunity would be perfect for a Materials Engineer/Metallurgist who is looking to work closely with customers as well as keep an element of hand on physical work across different industry sectors including Oil & Gas and Power Generation. This is a 12 month fixed term contract (FTC) covering maternity leave.
The Materials Engineer/Metallurgist will work as part of an established team, managing a wide range of Metallurgical/Engineering projects. You will work closely with clients and subcontractors, prepare technical reports as well as prepare commercial and technical proposals. You will also be required to:
- Conduct metallurgical testing, assessment and analysis on service run engineering components.
- Understand materials processing and in-service degradation of metallurgical properties.
- Carrying out testing and inspections at RINA’s site in Leatherhead and on client’s sites.
- Investigating the physical condition of mechanical equipment including industrial, oil & gas and power generating sectors
- Assist with the generation of new business
- Deliver technical presentations to clients and conferences
Essential qualifications & experience
- A degree (or higher) in Metallurgy/Materials Engineering or in a relevant field
- Experience in life assessments and damage mechanisms
- Experience working in an OEM, Operator or Engineering Consultancy Environment
You will be keen to develop your skills to progress collaboratively in a growing specialist team. As an exceptional communicator you will have excellent spoken and written English, and well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail. You will thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their needs and building lasting relationships.
You will have the ability to work autonomously and account for own time, to manage and work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritising workload as necessary to progress each project. You will be proactive in seeking new work, supporting business development and technical leads.
We offer competitive salaries and pension contributions. You will enjoy a generous leave allowance, private medical care, life insurance and more. Our great financial benefits are only part of the attraction, you can expect quick integration and real opportunities for professional development. As part of our growing global team you will work with world-class engineers for clients in a variety of market sectors.
More searches like this
- Defence None / Undisclosed Contract £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Leatherhead
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Contract £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Leatherhead
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Contract £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Leatherhead
- Scientific None / Undisclosed Contract £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Leatherhead