IT Asset Management Support Analyst (Hardware/Software)
IT Asset Management Support Analyst (Hardware/Software) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 7 months rolling contract, to be based in Southampton, Hampshire
Responsibilities & Skills:
- The successful applicant will be an IT Asset Management Support Analyst, who has experience of reviewing and maintaining CMDB (Configuration Management Database) to monitor and manage all devices and assets. Identifying best use through auditing of database and hardware, cross-checking of servers for relevant devices (e.g. radio's, laptops, mobile data) to meet auditing requirements.
- Troubleshooting, analysing and resolving issues and trends in liaison with the Service Desk, acting as a point of escalation for any issues that cannot be resolved at 1st point of contact.
- Manage and maintain the life-cycle of devices to include provisioning, repairing and de-commissioning to ensure efficient and effective best use of assets.
- Create articles for the knowledge database to ensure effective information sharing within the team.
- Responsible for the authorised issuance, audit and return of assets, managing the requests for loan hardware, including the recall of loaned items, to ensure the hardware items can be tracked and managed.
- Controls IT assets in one or more significant areas, ensuring that administration of the acquisition, storage, distribution, movement and disposal of assets is carried out. Produces and analyses registers and histories of authorised assets, including secure master copies of software, documentation, data, licenses and agreements for supply, warranty and maintenance), and verifies that all these assets are in a known state and location.
- Ensures that there are no unauthorised assets such as unlicensed copies of software.
- Excellent client facing experience
- Desirable: Public sector experience
This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered. If you would like further details, please contact me on; in/cassandrebutcheruk.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.