Operations Manager Investigations
There are currently roles available in the following locations:
Those who would like to work in other NCA locations are urged to apply at this time so they can be
considered for posting when vacancies become available in those locations. Please review the FAQ
section of the Candidate information pack for further locations that may be available.
Please ensure you list your preferred location as part of your application.
Responsible for managing and leading a team responsible for developing and progressing complex investigations.
• Manage change activity and communicate proposed changes with staff and stakeholders.
• Set and monitor operational performance and ensure that all operations and projects align with strategic objectives, comply with relevant
control strategies and oversee the update of risk registers.
• Provide operational support, advice and guidance to police throughout the UK into the investigation of serious crime.
• Ensure national / local strategy, policy, legislative frameworks and operational priorities are developed and promoted amongst NPCC, Law Enforcement partners and government departments.
• To build good working relationships with both internal and external partners including other law enforcement agencies.
The additional key responsibilities of the Operations Manager Investigations role are
• To perform the role of Senior Investigating Officer, lead and manage complex investigations and projects to ensure that they are carried out thoroughly in accordance with policy and relevant legislation.
Comprehensive understanding and application of Case Decision Log completion.
• Conduct covert operations both Nationally and Internationally utilising relevant legislation.
• Completion of detailed risk assessments in support of operational activity.
• Manage threats to life (TTL) situations using the National Decision Making Model and TTL Tracking Document(s).
• Manage sensitive intelligence products.
• Plan, prepare and carry out days of action to arrest subjects involved in serious and organised crime.
• Investigate serious and complex crime against the highest risks and harm posed to our communities in an ethical and lawful manner.
• Lead the preparation and submission of serious and complex prosecution case files.
• Attend court and give evidence in serious and complex cases.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete SC Enhanced clearance before commencing the role
You will be required to supply evidence of:
- PIP2 supervisor or equivalent level experience
- Lead officer trained or Equivalent
Individuals who do not hold PIP2 Supervisor accreditation will be required to provide evidence in support of their equivalent level experience
You will be required to supply evidence of:
•An in-depth knowledge and use of relevant legislation (UK and international law) affecting operational agency activity
•Proven experience of successfully leading a team to deliver against operational objectives and performance
•Experience in effective operational or investigative decision making with accountability for decisions made
Additional Experience Criteria
If you do not hold a PIP2 Supervisor accreditation, please evidence how you met the below (no more than 1200 words) equivalent level experience in regards to the below areas:
This evidence should have been attained within the last 12 months.
• Experience in the supervision of individuals obtaining search warrants applying a range of legislation at Magistrates' and Crown Courts
• Experience of managing arrest scenarios; custody time limits/procedures, extensions and authorisations; use of bad character evidence and bail.
• Experienced in the supervision of interviewing witnesses and suspects.
• Experience in the management of the seizure of exhibits, continuity of evidence, seize/sift legislation.
• Knowledge of Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act legislation with proven experience in disclosure obligations, processes and scheduling of material.
• Experienced and competent in managing the completion of case files and liaising with prosecuting agencies / authorities
• Recent experience of leading a team of investigators at a senior level who delivered high quality criminal justice outcomes against serious organised crime, managing risk and resources with proven experience in decision making and experience of mentoring and developing staff
For those candidates who hold the relevant qualifications and are relying on them for their evidence of the essential criteria, please ensure you email scanned copies of all required qualifications (ensuring these are clear) to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you submit your application. Please note any qualifications/proof of accreditation's received 24 hours after the closing date will not be accepted. Any other documents that are sent, covering letters or CV's, will not be considered
PIP2 supervisor or equivalent level experience
Lead officer trained or Equivalent
Please attach qualification certificates to your application. Any additional documentation will not be considered.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check
Security Check and Role Requirements
To be considered for this vacancy, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role and for specified roles DV clearance within the first 12 months as part of your probation period.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
To meet National Security Vetting requirements you will need to have resided in the UK for at a minimum 3 out of the past 5 years for SC clearance and a minimum of 7 out of 10 years for DV clearance. You will still be considered if you were posted abroad as part of your service with the HMG or armed forces or a UK government role during this period.
Closing date: 15 Apr 2019
More searches like this
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Nationwide
- Intelligence None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Nationwide
- Legal None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Nationwide
- Management / Executive None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Nationwide
- Policing None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Nationwide