Press Officers x 3
Public Sector Resourcing are currently recruiting 3 Press Officers for their Public Sector client. These opportunities will last for an initial period of 6 months.
Purpose of the Role: To manage the response to increasing media interest in a range of EU Exit-related issues in the run up to and after Brexit. To deliver proactive media-handling and PR activity in support of department EU exit-related announcements and policy areas
Organising Ministerial interviews and media opportunities around announcements, visits, speeches and events.
Providing timely proactive and reactive media handling advice to Ministers and senior policy officials.
Skillfully and effectively briefing journalists, with accuracy and authority.
Working closely with Ministers’ private offices, officials and communications colleagues to plan and implement media strategies across a broad range of media outlets including specialist, lifestyle, online and other new media.
Strategically planning communications activity across all disciplines to maximise our impact.
Developing an understanding of issues across the department to enable you to play an effective part in the wider press office team.
- Must already have or be willing to obtain CTC or higher clearance.
- Educated to degree level and/or a relevant professional qualification.
- Public sector experience, either in local or central government (desirable).
- An excellent news sense in terms of anticipating stories and coming up with media plans that will engage journalists.
- A proven track record of working on proactive announcements, launches and campaigns.
- A talent in developing and nurturing excellent contacts with the media and external stakeholders.
- Good writing skills – you can turn around clean, crisp copy in plain English to tight deadlines
- Good oral communications skills combined with the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
- The confidence and skills to quickly get to grips with our agenda and build knowledge of our organisation.
- Ability to persuade others of the benefits of your recommendations or negotiate with others.
- An awareness of political context in making communications choices.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.
In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different.
The role is inside of IR35.