Cyber Software Engineer
Cyber Software Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - Excellent Salary
Successful candidates will be expected to work under limited supervision and apply their knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties and be responsible for ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle.
Successful candidates will be responsible for performing a range of software engineering tasks across the development lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with requirements analysis.
- Software design.
- Software testing.
- Integration and test activities in support of system upgrades and deployments.
Skills / Experience:
- Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following programming languages: Java or C++, C#.
- Strong OO design skills.
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology.
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Ability to create innovative software solutions using appropriate frameworks and patterns, with COTS, bespoke or cloud-based technologies.
- Solid understanding of TDD and experience in applying one of the TDD frameworks.
- Experience of software development in a Unix/Linux environment.
- A passion for developing high quality software solutions.
- Willingness to support/mentor junior team members.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Understanding of working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience of the Atlassian toolset.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active DV or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.