Senior Procurement Officer
Senior Procurement Officer required to work with a Government Department based in Westminster, London. This is an initial 4 month contract, In Scope of IR35, paying up to £540 per day.
The Senior Procurement Officer will:
- Have responsibility for managing and delivering procurement activities and also to provide general commercial advice and guidance.
- Work closely with the in-house team and assume primary responsibility for the leadership and delivery of particular OJEU Projects (Energy Performance Certificate; UK Holocaust Memorial requirements; Local Plan Interventions - latter of which may involve an initial mini-competition from the HE Multidisciplinary Framework).
- Be required to independently manage all aspects of:
- Commercial discussions on routes to market/options
- Procurement activity to review, comment on requirements, development of pricing/commercial models and evaluation criteria.
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Finance to prepare finance/related commercial models
- Progress various procurement policy related activities, such as amendments to the departments SME Action Plan, Sustainable procurement etc and ad-hoc contract management activities.
- Provide any additional ad-hoc guidance or support as requested by team members or other stakeholders.
- Proven experience of effectively delivering complex, bespoke requirements.
- Excellent procurement knowledge and capability.
- The ability to engage effectively with senior stakeholders and independently lead and direct commercial discussions on procurement matters.
- Excellent contract drafting skills and be an effective team player
This role requires SC clearance, or CTC clearance as a minimum.
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.