C# Developer - Scotland
Currently seeking a C# Developer, to fulfil a contractual requirement for my client based at their offices in Erskine, Scotland; due to commence ASAP and continue until the end of September 2019.
Due to the nature of the role and the time scale and requirements issued by the client, candidates have been advised to hold current SC clearance for this role.
Please find full details as per the below, provided by the client for your consideration:
Part of the Software Engineering Team responsible for the design and development of the Client project. This will require experience throughout the entire software lifecycle and a drive to achieve excellent results.
These roles are pure application and not infrastructure linked however interaction with the infrastructure team is part of the role. The role will be someone that performs tasks set-up by the project manager and or lead developer set out in the project schedule. Ensure applications behave as designed and expected in a complex environment
Day to Day Responsibilities
The project is to migrate existing C# applications from a legacy Windows platform to an up to date platform. Some functional changes are required to the application. Security aspects of the applications need to be reassessed.
Experience of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server required.
The ability to define and elicit detailed software requirements is an essential part of the role and knowledge of use case modelling would also be desirable. The role will require close liaison with the requirements analysts and business analysts so strong communication and the ability to articulate design linkage to requirements is required. The ability to provide reasoned detailed estimates will be a key aspect of the role and working with both project management and other technical personnel will be on a daily basis.
Working knowledge of, and a proven ability, to specify and conduct detailed unit and system integration testing is essential (and derivatives) being strongly desired. Interfacing with test professionals is a required element of the role and the ability to review test collateral will be expected as part of the software engineering team.
The ability to conduct code reviews and inspections and provide constructive comments will be expected. A proven ability in problem determination will also need to be demonstrated with an understanding of debugging and fault finding essential.
The ability to express the application’s requirements of the infrastructure to the project infrastructure team. Ability to diagnose issues with application integration with infrastructure.
- Requirements analysis
- Able to take direction
- Can follow direction
- Modular Design
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Functional enhancement
- Experience of Configuration Management & source control tools (e.g. ClearCase, CVS, Subversion, Team Foundation Server)
- Build tool chain experience (e.g. make, Visual Studio)
- Troubleshooting and fault finding
- Able to commit to and meet to deadlines
- C#, ASP.NET, WCF services
- Application Development
- Windows/ SQL Server
- Strong understanding of end to end software lifecycle
- SQL stored procedures/SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Focused, disciplined and organized
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication, documentation and meeting skills
- Problem solving
- Perform root cause analysis and problem solve in complex situations
- Analytical skills
- Methodical approach, pragmatic
More searches like this
- Central Government SC Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Erskine
- Cyber Security SC Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Erskine
- Defence SC Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Erskine
- Information Technology SC Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Erskine
- Nuclear SC Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in Erskine