Field Support Engineer (Radar)
A contract vacancy has arisen for aField Service Engineer with Radar experience to work at a multi national defence company.
Maintain and repair Rapier Equipment including training equipment, at 1st and 2nd Line
* Operate and maintain 2nd line test equipment and perform repairs on LRU and trailers returned to IRSC workshop
* Interface with Army to ensure correct format is used for defects and work reporting.
* Update electronic records and log books as applicable
* Supervise on the job training for REME Army personnel
* Provide effective Rapier FSC support to the Customer delivering solutions to meet the Customers needs and requirements plus the programme plan
* Evaluate Rapier FSC technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigation / and or solutions, including Customer improvements.
* Ensure equipment is within calibration and arrange for it to be calibrated with no break in availability of equipment.
* Carry out a full range of technical analysis on Rapier FSC including evaluation of options and preparation of reports with suggested recommendations.
* Define testing approaches and specify tests for Rapier FSC and evaluate and make recommendations based on results.
* Lead engineering support activities at North Luffenham (and carry out the most complex activities) for Rapier FSC products to ensure operability of Company requirements.
* Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective and supply technical support and expertise to others as required
* Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
Rapier Equipment Training is essential. RAF/Army experience an advantage. * Electronic Engineering background and qualification (BTEC/ NVQ level 3/4 Electronic engineering min) * Good communication skills, verbal and written, high level of influencing and negotiating. * Ideally Ex-REME RADAR Tech Elec/RAF LTEC AD with minimum last rank SGT and Class 1 * Organisational/co-ordination experience, ability to work with and through others * Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently * Knowledge of Customer and User requirements * Understanding of Army culture.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement