Software Engineer - Java, Python, C+
Job Role: Software Engineer - Java, Python, C++
Location: Gloucestershire or Suffolk
Salary/Rate: £30,000 - £50,000 DoE
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV or Willing to Undergo
Software Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire or Suffolk - £30,000 - £50,000 DoE
Our client is looking for creative and ambitious Software Engineers to join their team. Your experience will cover different technologies within an agile environment.
You will be asked to support the team in scrum/agile development, software design, requirements analysis, conducting research & development on new software technologies.
The role would involve learning new frameworks and languages and solving challenging problems both in terms of solution capability and performance. Familiarity with both system and unit testing frameworks and test driven development is considered a significant plus.
- Strong underlying fundamentals including; Linux skills and understanding of network protocols.
- Ability to engage with customers at senior and technical level OR very strong in the specific technical skills outlined below
- Experience of delivering quality solutions
- An appreciation of the Cyber Security landscape and its ever increasing importance in a connected world
- An analytical mind-set who enjoy problem solving and turning data into useful actionable information
- Applied knowledge leveraging scripting skills (Python, Perl, Bash) to find innovative approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of Scala, Java, C++ or C
- Software lifecycle, issue management and version control technologies and practices; e.g. Git (using Git Flow), Stash/Bitbucket, Jira, Scrum/Kanban
- Ability to understand, adapt and architect complex software systems
- Knowledge of additional frameworks and languages beneficial due to broadness of potential work
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active DV or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.